1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Obama Is One More Sign that America is Beyond a Mass Revival

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by righteousdude2, Mar 12, 2009.

1. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    God Could Do Massive Revival Should He Will....

However, I believe the days of massive revivals have come and are now gone. Just look around and tell me that you don't see the words of Paul in Romans 1:28-32 coming to pass in nearly every nation around the world, especially here in America? to me, this can only mean that we are closer than at any time in the history of the world to the return of Jesus.

The sin of man is running wild, and the sad thing is, many believers are simply turning their heads and ignoring the need to make a stand against the sins of mankind. The church has truly lost its "salty" flavor. Many have turned away from their first love; many have given into to the prophetess Jezebel; many have been caught up in greed and corruption, and they even share in its practices.

Sin has come upon mankind like never before, and because mankind [including believers] have turned their hearts from God and yearned for the desires of the dark side of their hearts, God has given them the desire of their hearts, minds, and souls. This results in a world, and a nation run amok in sin, greed, corruption, hate, murder, backstabbing, vicious gossip, black magic, witch craft, and astrology.

I don't know about you brother Bell, but the only sign I have is that of the "Blood Stained Cross!" This sign is what allows me to clearly see the fall of this once great nation. And as I said before, as goes America, so goes the world. If the world looses its "salt" and the light on the hill grows dim, the remainder of the world loses its way, too!

Shalom,

Pastor Paul:type:

2. JustChristian

JustChristian New Member

The end times have nothing to do with Christ's message to our current world.

Mat 5:43 Ye have heard that it hath been said, Thou shalt love thy neighbour, and hate thine enemy.
    Mat 5:44 But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;

3. rbell

rbell Active Member

Two thoughts:

1. There have been other dark days, from which God has launched a revival.

2. I do not tie "revival" and "America" together. God may send a worldwide revival that may have nothing to do with our country specifically. Or, He may start it here. God is perfectly capable of sending forth revival at any time, to any people.