1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Obama may be REQUIRED to show birth certificate in 2012

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Salty, Apr 22, 2010.

1. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
  2. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    More States should follow suit. There just is no reason not to.

3. Magnetic Poles

Magnetic Poles New Member

The hot sun is taking its toll in Arizona. Probably won't pass, but even if it does, it won't matter. States select their electors, not the President. More birfer nonsense.

4. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    For the sake of argument - lets say the bill does pass and is signed by the Governor, Obamas name would not be permitted to be on the ballot in Arizona. Sure, they only have a handful of electors, but in a close race - those TEN votes could make a difference. ( Think Fla in 2000)

And if Ariz is successful - then maybe a couple more (red) states or Commonwealths would do likewise.

As Sgt Schultz would say "Very interesting"

5. dcorbett

dcorbett Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I would like him to prove he is a natural-born citizen.

6. FR7 Baptist

FR7 Baptist Active Member

No, all he'd have to do is show his birth certificate as he's done before, even going so far as to post it online. This is just more birfer nonsense from people who won't be convinced by facts and evidence.

7. Crabtownboy

Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

His mother was a natural born citizen, thus he is a natural born citizen. Simple and clear .... except for those who refuse to believe the truth.

8. targus

targus New Member

Unless of course if she were to give birth outside of the country and was under age at the time.

9. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    My personal belief is that he was born in the US, but I still think he is trying to hide something.
    What? I have no ideal, its just a gut feeling (and I have a big gut:tongue3:)

Will be interesting to see the outcome.

but then again will BO actually be the Dem nominee in 2012?

10. matt wade

matt wade Well-Known Member

Oh, those pesky fine points of the law. Can't we just all overlook those?!

11. Crabtownboy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Where did you come up with that piece of misinformation? Source please. Underage by whose laws? What is underage in giving birth? Are you saying that an underage female who gives birth to a child outside the US looses their citizenship? What law is that?

His mother was a college age student when she gave birth to Obama. Are you saying a college age woman is underage?

#11 Crabtownboy, Apr 23, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 23, 2010
  12. matt wade

That piece of "misinformation" was law at the time of Obama's birth. It stated, "If only one parent was a U.S. citizen at the time of your birth, that parent must have resided in the United States for at least ten years, at least five of which had to be after the age of 16."

http://www.brianwilliamslaw.com/lawyer-attorney-5365F1DF-5EEB-4DC0-BD003808196CBB9E.html

13. Crabtownboy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I guess Obama is a citizen then. His mother was a college student, over 16, was married and had lived in the US all her life to that time ... which obviously was over ten years. By the way, the law of 16 was the law until 1952. Obama was born in 1961 and the legal age of 16 did not appear in the law according to the link you gave. Anyway, 16 does not figure into the question as his mother was older than 16 when he was born. So it was misinformation after all, probably not intended as such, but misinformation anyway.

#13 Crabtownboy, Apr 23, 2010
  14. matt wade

You are one confused individual. Why does 16 not apply? It certainly was in the law when he was born. You just posted it yourself!! Here's the same thing you posted, but with the relevant section bolded.

So, if Obama was born outside the states he would not be a citizen. He only had one parent that was a citizen and that one parent did not reside in the US for five years after the age of 16.

15. Crabtownboy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You are right. I missed the 16 .. but it does not apply.

Sorry, no banana. She was living in Washington State when she was 16 attending the Mercer Island High School. She graduated from there in 1960 when she was 18.

This is as silly as if people tried to claim that McCain did not meet the requirements because he was born in the Panama Canal Zone and not in the USA proper.

She and her parents moved to Hawaii where she enrolled in the University of Hawaii. She met and married Obama's father there ... they were married in 1961. By January 1962 she had enrolled in the University of Washington in
    Seattle. By then she was separated from Obama's father. She filed for divorce in 1964. So, obviously she met the 5 year requirement.

Do you really believe that if there was any credibility to this issue the Republican Party would not have raised it vigorously during the campaign? That alone is strong evidence there is nothing to the story. It is as silly as claiming McCain did not meet the requirements because he was born in the Panama Canal Zone.

#15 Crabtownboy, Apr 23, 2010
  16. matt wade

Again...read the section that YOU quoted. Appropriate bolding:

So, at the time of Obama's birth she would have had to reside in the US for 5 years, after the age of 16. She had Obama before she was 21, so she did not reside in the US for 5 years (after the age of 16) prior to his birth. It's really simple to understand if you just read the text. Please reread it before attempting to respond again.

For the record, I don't know whether he was born in or out of the country. I really don't care at this point in time. I'm not trying to unseat him or stop him from running again. I'm just pointing out that if he was born outside the country then he would not be eligible to run for President. Show some honestly here and admit the truth!

17. Crabtownboy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So you are saying that Washington State and Hawaii were not part of the United States?

[For the record, I don't know whether he was born in or out of the country. I really don't care at this point in time. I'm not trying to unseat him or stop him from running again. I'm just pointing out that if he was born outside the country then he would not be eligible to run for President. Show some honestly here and admit the truth![/QUOTE]

There is a birth certificate you can view online that says he was born in Hawaii. Hawaii accepts it. But, die hard Obama haters refuse to accept the fact that he was born in Hawaii and is a natural born citizen.

18. matt wade

Once again you are confused. You don't know how to read the text that you yourself paste into your posts and you also don't know how to read my posts. Where did I ever say that Washington State and Hawaii where not part of the United States? Washington State doesn't even matter here one bit anyway.

Like I said earlier, I not debating where he was born. I'm simply responding to your request for proof. Targus said:

You responded with:

I provided proof that if she was under 21 years old at the time of Obama's birth, and he was born outside the United States, that he would not be considered a natural born citizen. You are the one that said it was misinformation. I have proven it is not misinformation. Please just graciously concede the point so we can move on.

19. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

Why would this bill bother the president? The whole world has seen his birth certificate.

20. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    good question

not the long form