1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Obama Mentions Self Nearly 1,200 Times!

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Revmitchell, Sep 23, 2009.

1. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Nar-cis-sism – noun
    1. inordinate fascination with oneself; excessive self-love; vanity
    --Dictionary.com

In mythology, Narcissus was the guy who fell in love with his own reflection.

In 2009, he’s the president of the United States.

Instead of adoring his own image, Obama loves to hear himself talk – about himself. In just 41 speeches so far this year, not including this week's big speech at the United Nations, Obama has talked about himself nearly 1,200 times – 1,198 to be exact. (That breaks down to 1,121 “I”s and just 77 “me”s.) And that just includes 34 weekly addresses and his seven major speeches. Count the hundreds of other public speeches and he’d be off the charts.

More Here

2. Johnv

Johnv New Member

There are numerous serious reasons to be rightly critical of Obama. This isn't one of them.

3. Twizzler

Twizzler Member

Personally I didn't like the way he lumped himself in with the likes of Ronald Reagon when he was a guest on David Letterman the other night. (BTW, I don't watch Letterman normally, but did this time just to see the POTUS)