1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Obama Plans to Let Ebola-infected Foreigners Into U.S. for Treatment

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Revmitchell, Oct 17, 2014.

1. Use of Time

Use of Time Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I tell you what, explain to me what I missed in her post and I will stand corrected and offer an apology to Gina. That seem fair enough?

2. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You already stand corrected.

You just refuse to do the Christian thing, man up and apologize.

3. Use of Time

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I knew it, I knew you would cop out and not answer the question. All this talk of manning up and you can't even explain to me why I'm wrong. You don't even have the slightest defense for what she said. You haven't even tried. You just throw up a bunch of "typical liberal" garbage and call it a win.

I'm not dodging a thing. I called her out for her statement and stand willing to defend that with anybody willing to present their interpretation. You won't do this of course because you know that you have no way to translate it in your favor. If she asked me to provide an apology I would consider it but to be honest she is standing by her statement and I don't like it. Simple as that.

So bring it on Carpro. Man up. Debate me if you dare on this.

(Here is the part where you say "we have nothing to discuss.")

4. matt wade

matt wade Well-Known Member

He won't man up. He's incapable of it. It's a typical lock step right winger that can't think for himself. Anyone who disagrees with his line of thinking is a "liberal" (even if, like me, they are very conservative) and aren't worthy of his intellectual capacity.

5. Use of Time

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    That's why him and Rev. Mitch are steering clear of actually addressing the woman they are white knighting here. They don't even know how to defend her here but they do know that they dislike me. So I get the usual liberal garbage comments why the avoid her post like it's ebola. (Hey, that's topical!)

6. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    There is nothing to debate until you apologize to Gina. You lied about what she said and there's no covering it up. You lied about what I said as well. No apology needed. I'm used to your lies about what I say.

You need to man up, do the Christian thing and apologize to Gina.

7. Use of Time

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hahaha. Right on queue. What did I lie about to Gina B?

Who are you to ask for an apology for her? This thing is obviously between me and her and she hasn't asked for an apology. If she is bothered by what I said I'll apologize to her. She doesn't seem to need you white knighting for her. Pretty presumptuous of you.

You are using her as a lifeline to avoid interpreting her post. She is a grown up and it's kind of pathetic that you are hanging on to her supposed hurt feelings to avoid answering the simplest of questions. It's obvious and I'm done going in circles with morons.

#67 Use of Time, Oct 19, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 19, 2014
  8. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    There is nothing to debate until you apologize to Gina. You lied about what she said and there's no covering it up. You lied about what I said as well. No apology needed. I'm used to your lies about what I say.

You need to man up, do the Christian thing and apologize to Gina.

9. Use of Time

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Ok, Gina B. if you are out there, I apologize for anything I said that might have offended you or hurt your feelings.

10. Use of Time

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It is done. Your turn to man up. Put your money where your mouth is. Interpret her post and explain where I lied about what she said. This ought to be good.

My money is on Carpro not returning to this thread to do his part.

#70 Use of Time, Oct 19, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 19, 2014
  11. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Gina did not voice a prayer nor did she say anyone else should, yet you say...

Then you repeat the lie again.

Gina sets you straight.

Then you lie again.

Simple enough.

Even though your insincere apology is worthless, I'm done before you continue your game of quibbling and denial again, saving you the trouble of lying any further.

12. matt wade

matt wade Well-Known Member

Go back to the drawing board.

13. Use of Time

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I've already said she didn't say the prayer about three times in this thread. You know that. The issue is that she thinks it is a viable option. Answer this question Carpro. Do you think it is something that should be offered up as an option for removing the President?

14. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    ***crickets***

15. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

Thank you Carpro.

Nobody that I know of here is praying for anyone to die.

16. InTheLight

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No, nobody is praying that. But you did ask if it was an acceptable course of action to pray that the President were to contract an illness that would cause him to be removed him from office.

17. Use of Time

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I have said about four times now that you didn't but I'm still wondering why you would even present this statement as an option.

"Unless and until "We The People" make our best attempts to remove Obama, and fail, would it seem okay to pray he is removed by other means, re illness, if he doesn't repent and change.
    We haven't done that. So is the fault his/that of the administration alone? Nope. We share in any guilt to be had due to our inaction."

I'll just answer your question in your first "sentence." No. It would not be ok to pray that he is removed by other means, re illness, if he doesn't change. That would be a horrible thing for me to do. I also do not feel guilty for not doing that and other things to remove him.

18. InTheLight

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Ya gotta admit, it's a whole new spin on:

1 Tim 2:1-2
    I urge, then, first of all, that petitions, prayers, intercession and thanksgiving be made for all people— 2 for kings and all those in authority, that we may live peaceful and quiet lives in all godliness and holiness.

1 Peter 2:17
    Show proper respect to everyone, love the family of believers, fear God, honor the emperor.

Titus 3:1-2
    Remind the people to be subject to rulers and authorities, to be obedient, to be ready to do whatever is good, 2 to slander no one, to be peaceable and considerate, and always to be gentle toward everyone.

19. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Is that any better though carpro? You really have that much contempt for another human being?

If the story is true, and we have no idea if it is, treating the patients can't be compared to a "handshake" tour.

And I hate stories when things are reported second hand from unnamed sources because it creates an unneeded hysteria about nothing unless the unnamed source has given incontrovertible evidence of the truth of its accusations.

This story is GOSSIP about something somebody could have just made up. If they've got proof that his administration is formulating such a thing and hiding it from Congress, give us the smoking gun and prove it.

20. Use of Time

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Pretty sure many on here would blush after reading that. Nah, who am I kidding, there would be another 10 threads about Obummer or Obola (that one is new). I think I've seen somebody say Obeyme as well.