1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Obama promoting racism

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Revmitchell, Dec 8, 2016.

1. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    “each of us has…the universal right to speak your minds and to protest against authority; to live in a society that’s open and free; that can criticize our president without retribution.”

http://www.breitbart.com/big-govern...sident/?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social

Given that the far left has set a standard that any criticism of the President can only come from racism, then for him to suggest that the military should now criticize the new President, means he is promoting racism.

2. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No. I don't think so. But he is being hypocritical in the extreme considering the punishments handed out to servicemen who were critical of him.

His goal here is to undermine Trump with the military. It won't work. Servicemen who are publicly critical of the Commander-in-Chief, no matter who it is, will face charges under the UCMJ.

3. Use of Time

Use of Time Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Obama derangement syndrome.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Use of Time

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The only racism being promoted there is the typical Breitbart stirring of the pot to get a reaction. Sites like this have done more damage to the union of this country then the sitting President ever has but guys like Rev will happily drink it down and knowingly spread this divisive garbage. Then Rev has the gall to say that "fake news" is a myth while he peddles this swill.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Crabtownboy

Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Indeed Obama's election did bring out the racists in our society. They could not stand the idea of an African-American being president. So, with twisted logic they now try to reverse who really is the racist.

upload_2016-12-9_9-38-1.png

6. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Show us the quote from the source article where Breitbart, or anybody else, mentions race.

7. Use of Time

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Ask that to the guy who titled this thread. I'm just following his logic.

8. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You're the one that blamed it on Breitbart. He didn't. I knew as soon as I read the article that racism was his interpretation.

So produce the quote.

Or just admit it's your opinion and Breitbart made no such connection.

9. Use of Time

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'm always optimistic Carpro.
    He posted a thread about Obama promoting racism in an article that you acknowledged didn't support that and I had some fun using his logic against him. If you are truly on a crusade for the racism quote then go get on his case. You are barking up the wrong tree.

I think we both know you really don't care or you would be going after Rev instead.

10. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You clearly stated:

"The only racism being promoted there is the typical Breitbart stirring of the pot to get a reaction."

Where did Breitbart stir the racism pot in this article?

11. Use of Time

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Sigh...Read Rev's paragraph after he posts the article where he infers racism into an article where none was mentioned. Now read my post where I do the same. Unless you are suggesting only Rev. Mitch has that kind of freedom then go take your demands elsewhere concerned poster.

To quote Mitch. "Not sure why that has to be explained."

12. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Sigh...you're doing what you always do, refusing to take responsibility for a statement that is either wrong, a mistake, or an outright lie.

While I disagreed with the Rev's take on the article and said so, you based your rant on something the article didn't say or even hint at.

Now rants are permissable here, but it takes something away from the validity of your rant when it's based on a falsehood.

When you ranted:

"Sites like this have done more damage to the union of this country then the sitting President ever has but guys like Rev will happily drink it down and knowingly spread this divisive garbage. Then Rev has the gall to say that "fake news" is a myth while he peddles this swill."

That may all be true, but your rant is no better than the "swill" you say Breitbart is spreading when you accuse them of making a racial connection out of Obama's speech in this article. That is demonstrably false.

Just as BLM bases their whole movement on a lie, "hands up , don't shoot", your rant is based on the lie that Breitbart is stirring the racial pot in this news story.

What is patently obvious is that you didn't read the article, or you would never have made such a stupid easily provable false connection. At least I hope so.

Waiting for you next denial of your "mistake".:)

13. Use of Time

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So Rev gets a pass. Got it.

I never mentioned BLM so more goal post moving.

But Breitbart does love to stir the pot and enjoys its rave baiting pieces as well. I stand by that easily.

14. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Could be. But using this article as an illustration makes you look like a fool scrambling to make hay out of birdseed.

15. Use of Time

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Using this article as an illustration makes one look like a fool scrambling huh? You don't say? Now use the same tone and anger with the OP as you did with me since he is the one who started this dumb thread.

16. rsr

rsr <b> 7,000 posts club</b>

Faith:
    Baptist
    Let's see what Obama actually said:

"We’re a nation that believes freedom can never be taken for granted and that each of us has a responsibility to sustain it. The universal right to speak your mind and to protest against authority, to live in a society that’s open and free, that can criticize a President without retribution — a country where you're judged by the content of your character rather than what you look like, or how you worship, or what your last name is, or where your family came from -- that's what separates us from tyrants and terrorists."

I agree — he was way out of line to push that revolutionary agenda. What brass! No true American could believe such tripe.

(Seriously, there is no incitement against Trump. Military folks know their rights as citizens and also know the restrictions imposed by their service.)

Breitbart, as usual, lies with a straight face.

Climate change? Yep, it's in there — along with a litany of other problems.

"In too many parts of the world, especially in the Middle East, there has been a breakdown of order that's been building for decades, and it’s unleashed forces that are going to take a generation to resolve. Long-term corruption has rotted too many nation-states from within. Governance is collapsing. Sectarian conflicts rage. A changing climate is increasing competition for food and water. And false prophets are peddling a vision of Islam that is irreconcilable with tolerance and modernity and basic science. And in fact, every one of these trends is at play inside of Syria today."

Apparently it's not just climate change, which is not necessarily a "large part of the problem." Breitbart lies again. Surprise.

Does he blame the Second Amendment? Not everyone thinks that the ability to buy incredibly lethal weapons anytime, anywhere is guaranteed by the Second Amendment.

No mention of First Amendment rights in the speech. Surprised? What he said was "We will not achieve the kind of clearly defined victory comparable to those that we won in previous wars against nations. We won’t have a scene of the Emperor of Japan and Douglas MacArthur in a surrender. And the reason we won’t have that is because technology makes it impossible to completely shield impressionable minds from violent ideologies."

Radical stuff there.

Anyone who wants to read the speech can see it at https://www.whitehouse.gov/the-pres...ent-administrations-approach-counterterrorism.

Typical click-baiting from the usual suspects.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Use of Time

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'm shocked that Breitbart had a nice spin on that speech. Just shocked.

• Like Like x 1
  18. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yep. Not reading it and then carelessly using it to make a point it does make you look pretty foolish. You couldn't have picked a worse story to make your point. It's a straight news story with no hint of the "swill" you say it has,

What's even worse is not admitting you blew it because you didn't read it first.. The only thing that would have made you look more foolish is if you had read it and still tried to use it as the basis for your rant.

I shudder to think what you believe is a legitimate news source, but I have to ask...do you make up your mind what it says before you read it, as well?

#18 carpro, Dec 9, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2016
  19. Use of Time

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Tell it to Rev. Just using his logic. He can do it...I can't got it.

20. rsr

rsr <b> 7,000 posts club</b>

Faith:
    Baptist
    Rev builds a strawman and buttresses it with lying Breitbart, so Breitbart is fair game.

You can dismiss Rev, as usual, because he builds most of his arguments with bogus information, and then you make a few clicks to debunk Breitbart. Easy as pie.

Recap: Rev makes a false assertion (that the far left believes all criticism of Obama is racist, ridiculous, given that Obama has his critics on the far left) and uses a Breitbart story to prove that Obama is racist because he encourages criticism of Trump (which is false). Either way, Breitbart is fair game (or rather like shooting fish in a barrel) because Rev insists it proves his case.

Same old same old.

#20 rsr, Dec 9, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2016