1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Obama: Racist in Chief

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by OldRegular, Jul 24, 2009.

1. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

I have believe that Obama is a racist since he used the race card against the Clintons after the South Carolina primary followed by throwing his Grandmother under the bus during a defense of Jeremiah Wright. I sometimes think that he hate both white and black. His response to a question Wednesday demonstrates either stupidity or racism. Neither is appropriate in a president. This racism is particularly disturbing given that he would not be president except for white voters.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,534687,00.html

'Disgraceful': Cops Angry After Obama Slams Arrest of Black Scholar

Friday, July 24, 2009

BOSTON — Many police officers across the country have a message for President Barack Obama Get all the facts before criticizing one of our own. Obama's public criticism that Cambridge officers "acted stupidly" when they arrested black Harvard professor Henry Louis Gates Jr. could make it harder for police to work with people of color, some officers said Thursday.

It could even set back the progress in race relations that helped Obama become the nation's first African-American president, they said.

"What we don't need is public safety officials across the country second-guessing themselves," said David Holway, president of the International Brotherhood of Police Officers, which represents 15,000 public safety officials around the country. "The president's alienated public safety officers across the country with his comments."

The Cambridge Police Patrol Officer's Association president also strongly criticized the president's remarks in an interview with The Huffington Post.
    "That was totally inappropriate. I am disgraced that he is our commander-in-chief," Stephen Killion said. "He smeared the good reputation of the hard-working men and women of the Cambridge Police Department. It was wrong to do. It was disgraceful," the web site quoted him as saying.

2. donnA

donnA Active Member

It's now going to become racist to arrest blacks.

3. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The "uniter" can't seem to pass up an opportunity to stoke the fires of racism.

His friend, the victimology professor, taught him well.

4. JohnDeereFan

JohnDeereFan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It already is, Donna. Everytime a black guy is arrested now by a white cop, there's some family member or "community organizer" there to accuse the cop of being a racist.

5. OldRegular

Your PC will probably crash before you you reach step #4.

SORRY! Just couldn't resist even if it is off topic.

6. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

I can't fault Obama...his teleprompter told him to say it

7. OldRegular

he needs to get one operated by a PC but then all he could say would be "uh" and "ah" and "?" and! But that would be better than the putrid crab he generally spews!

8. Martin

Martin Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    President Obama should never have commented on this case. It is a local issue that should be handled by the proper local authorities. I think it is clear that Professor Gates has some racial issues, not to mention some anger issues. President Obama's immediate reaction was to side with his friend Professor Gates. Maybe it was because they are friends, maybe it was because our President has bought into the distortion that white cops who arrest black people are racists. Either way, he should not have commented on the case.

There is an old saying that applies in this case: It is better to be thought stupid then to open your mouth and remove all doubt.

While I don't think the President is a stupid man, per say, he was clearly uninformed on the facts in this case. He jumped to the conclusions just like CNN did. They made this story part of their "Black In America 2" package. I'm sorry, but I think that is racist. Why don't they do a "Indian In America" or "Asian In America" or "White In America"? Doing two "Black In America" packages shows a very clear agenda.

I said that I don't think the President is a stupid man, "per say". What do I mean? Generally speaking politicians are arrogant people who think they know more than they actually do. I am convinced that Presidents Bush and Obama fall neatly into that grouping, as do many other politicians (both professing "conservatives" and liberals).

#8 Martin, Jul 25, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 25, 2009
  9. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Obama acted stupidly in commenting on the case.

10. rbell

rbell Active Member

The nail has a concussion, you hit it on the head so much. :thumbs: