1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Obama Skipping Arlington On Memorial Day.

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Cutter, May 25, 2010.

1. Crabtownboy

Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

Did you criticize other presidents for not going to Arlington?

2. NiteShift

NiteShift New Member

Best policy....[​IMG]

3. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

I think that is a great post. I am very conservative, and think the Constitution is the standard. At the same time, I have no use for B rated entertainers with loud mouths that produce nothing but self indulgence such as Limbaugh and Hannity.

4. ccrobinson

ccrobinson Active Member

Cutter, you were clearly wrong. It won't hurt for you to say so and it would gain you some respect. When posters who have a reputation for not doing research are criticizing you for not doing research, there's a problem.

5. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

Agreed, just admit the post was a mistake. Most of us here have had to do it more than once. You would truly garner respect.

Unless you really believe it is less noble to honour the war dead at Lincoln instead of Arlington.

6. Cutter

Cutter New Member

Here is the OP:
    Obama to Skip Wreath Laying Ceremony at Arlington on Monday.
    http://michellemalkin.com/2010/05/25...gton-memorial/

Now, pray tell what was wrong with it? It has a heading and a link to the actual story. Maybe you just think I was wrong for pointing what the President's plans are for Memorial Day.

7. ccrobinson

ccrobinson Active Member

Don't be ridiculous. I question your motives when you point out he's not going to Arlington, failing to point out that he's going elsewhere, then attempt to cover it up by saying every President should be at Arlington, even though there's plenty of precedent for President's not going to Arlington on Memorial Day.

8. Cutter

Cutter New Member

Sorry, I do not share in your opinion, that this thread or I, have been ridiculous for pointing out what is happening on this Memorial Day with our President, even though other Presidents have done the same thing. If that really offends you, I am truly sorry.

9. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Promise ?????????

Do you think the Obamabots will be angry with me for saying that???? I can only hope so, because their knee-jerk-reaction is a clear sign of their having "buyer's remorse!" :type:

Don't think for one minute that BHO has one drop of patriotic blood in his body.

#29 righteousdude2, May 27, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: May 27, 2010
  10. NaasPreacher (C4K)

I still don't see why the heroes at Lincoln are not worthy of a presidential visit.

11. Cutter

Cutter New Member

They are, they are! Please forgive the OP, the thread, me, my Mother and my Father for even having me. Please I beg of thee to grant unto thy lowly subject mercy and forgiveness.
    I pray this will suffice your need for my penance and confession. If not, please let me know, so that I can confess my sins and plead further for mercy my lord, C4K

12. targus

targus New Member

I actually am not interested in what any President does on occassions like this because it is not possible to know their true intentions.

I am sure some go to truly pay honor to our fallen soldiers - and some go because it is the politically correct thing to do.

Can anyone ever forget Bill Clinton stacking the stones on the beach - where there were no other stones in sight - and the naval ship in the background?

Too much of what Presidents do is just theatre.

13. jaigner

jaigner Active Member

I don't care if he spends the day bowling.

14. ccrobinson

ccrobinson Active Member

Of course you don't. You would rather be critical over something that doesn't matter than be critical about something of substance.

15. Cutter

Cutter New Member

Of course I don't, you are right, CCR. Thank you and C4K for shining the light of wisdom and illumination on such a lowly sinner such as I. Please pray for my soul and forgive this lowly human for dare speaking against the Messi...the President. Thanks to liberal apologists for their higher moral ground and righteousness to be able to point out to others, such as I, the error of our ways. God bless you, my Brother...oh I'm sorry for even thinking that I could refer to myself as on the same level with you by calling you Brother. God bless you, my Teacher and I will try not to disappoint you in the future. :praying:

16. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

Something that does not matter? Just how much time did you spending serving this nation?

17. NaasPreacher (C4K)

What does not matter is whether Presiddnt Obama honours the war dead at Lincoln instead of Arlington. He is doing the right thing in either cemetery.

18. ccrobinson

ccrobinson Active Member

No, you misunderstand. I don't think it matters which national cemetary Obama goes to. That's my point. My apologies for not being more clear.

The issue is that Cutter's didn't do the proper research before starting this thread. Once called on it, his pride is keeping him from saying he was wrong. Nobody's going to tell him when he's wrong. The conclusion we must draw is that Cutter thinks that the only place our deceased soldiers can be honored is at Arlington. That doesn't make any sense.

The fact that Cutter continues making stupid posts like post #35 says more about him than it does me.

19. JohnDeereFan

JohnDeereFan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  20. Cutter

Cutter New Member

Amen! :thumbs: