1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Obama supports Black Panther Party

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Revmitchell, Mar 19, 2008.

1. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  2. just-want-peace

just-want-peace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    This man scares the bejeebers outta me.

I had some queasy gut feelings about Clinton in '92, when, as an unknown (to me anyway), he pops on the scene and garnered such a following. I was tempted to vote for him, but something just didn't "smell" right about his whole character, and later, of course, I learned of the true Clinton.

Obama is failing the "smell" test also, but, if possible, even more so than Clinton.

There's something below the melanin level in that man that just ain't gonna be good for this country; sure hope we don't have to learn from experience.

3. Baptist Believer

Baptist Believer Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You've linked to a site created by someone who claims to be a member of "The New Black Panthers" (maybe so, maybe not).

The most your link demonstrates is that, potentially, there is an endorsement of Obama from The New Black Panthers. Given the methods of the Clintons, this may or may not be the case.

Obama is cannot honestly be called a racist simply because a racist group has decided to create their own "Dashboard" page on his Web site.

In other words, if The Knights of the White Camelia (a KKK group in Southeast Texas and Louisiana that I ran up against a few times when I was growing up) decided to endorse John McCain, would you automatically claim that McCain was somehow a racist?

4. Magnetic Poles

Magnetic Poles New Member

BB, don't confuse him with facts. He is on a personal crusade against Senator Obama, and won't let the facts get in the way of a good slanderous lie. It's fine to be against him, but valid reasons and truth should count for something.

5. JustChristian

JustChristian New Member

This web site says that the NEW BLACK PANTHER PARTY supports Obama not the other way around. Please red these things carefully before slinging untrue accusations.

6. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    At the bottom of the page y0ou wil find This site is "Paid For By Obama For America" this site belongs to Barak and no one else.

#6 Revmitchell, Mar 19, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 19, 2008
  7. Magnetic Poles

<personal attack deleted - LE>. Mods need to change the thread title, or better yet, delete the thread entirely, lest the BB get sued for defamation. The poster has sunk to a new low. Shameful, especially for a preacher.

Edited to add..Nice edit to attempt to hide your foul post RM. You are not really that stupid..just trying to defame Obama. You know full well, he lets people put up a blog on his blog section. It doesn.t mean he endorses them...they are endorsing him. You make yourself look foolish. Just as local newspapers allow bloggers, they are not responsible for content...anymore than the BB is for your hateful posts.

#7 Magnetic Poles, Mar 19, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 20, 2008
  8. targus

targus New Member

9. Baptist Believer

Baptist Believer Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The site belongs to Obama but anyone can make a page. If you don't behave, I'll create a RevMitchell page for Obama. :wavey:

10. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yea. I have several websites that others can contribute to. I don't allow racists to be a part of that. And Obama only removed the content a little while ago. Not because he disagreed with it but because he thought it would be a distraction form his campaign.

[​IMG]

11. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    And what do you think I edited to hide?

12. dragonfly

dragonfly New Member

"Rev" mitch sure has it out for Obama. It is one thing to present the facts, but to bear false witness as this thread shows is, I would say, unbelievable; but I've learned to expect such things from the good rev.

13. Dragoon68

Dragoon68 Active Member

Here's a link the cached copy of the web page that was removed:

New Black Panther Party Endorsement

It did appear on Obama's web site!

Here's a link to an article that explains Obama's removal of the endorsement:

Obama Campaign Removes New Black Panter Party Endorsement from Web Site

#13 Dragoon68, Mar 19, 2008
  14. Magnetic Poles

You see folks, here is the issue. Mark Mitchell lives in a very scary place. In his world, the commies and the blacks are out to get him. He can't seem to have a rational discussion about Mr Obama's politics, instead it is either red baiting or race baiting. The reason is that he wants to play to your fears and make you think that if a black man becomes President, the Black Panthers, Louis Fahrakan, and Joseph Stalin will be spending the night in the Lincoln Bedroom and setting U.S. policy. Therefore he spreads distortions and lies as a form of fearmongering. This is the kind of mentality we must get over if we are to reach our potential as a nation. I truly feel sorry for people like Mark. He is a prisoner of his own fears. That in itself, is a very frightening place to live your life.

It is fine to disagree with any candidate. The fear mongering and lying is not becoming of anyone, and certainly not of a so-called minister of the Gospel.

#14 Magnetic Poles, Mar 19, 2008
  15. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    There's a good reason why only God should be called reverend.

16. TomVols

TomVols New Member

I don't like that Ken is attacked for supporting Obama, and I don't like a man's ministerial credentials being pilloried for his extreme dislike of Obama. We can disagree better than this, y'all.

17. Magnetic Poles

Being a minister doesn't exempt him from responsibility for telling the truth...in fact, he should be above reproach. He isn't being criticized for his dislike of Obama...he is being criticized for his lies and fearmongering.

18. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

Glad I got to see the cached version but I really doubt that Obama removed the page. He doesn't strike me as that geeky and he has flunkies that watch his flanks...

I bet of the girls scouts supported Obama you guys would accuse him of mischif. Just can't win with this crowd.

19. TomVols

TomVols New Member

I never said it did exempt anyone. No question the thread is worded in a way I wouldn't agree with. However, I don't think the antidote is to attack his ministerial credentials or title. The lack of veracity could've been pointed out without resorting to such. We should act like ladies and gentlemen if not Christian brothers and sisters. But then again, I've always had terribly high expectations :laugh:

20. JustChristian

JustChristian New Member

This is an Obama web site which allows supporters to join and create their own Blog at this web page:

http://my.barackobama.com/page/user/login?successurl=L3BhZ2UvZGFzaGJvYXJkL3ByaXZhdGU=

It looks like you pretty much have free reign on the content which I don't think is a very good idea. Anyway, it looks like they've already pulled the Blog you referred to.