1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Obama Talks About Himself in Mandela Eulogy

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Revmitchell, Dec 11, 2013.

1. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    President Barack Obama delivered a eulogy to South Africa's late President Nelson Mandela at First National Bank Stadium in Soweto, Johannesburg on Tuesday, before a large crowd that had gathered in the rain for a memorial together with dozens of heads of state from around the world. The president's address was devoted to Mandela's life and example. However, as in most Obama addresses, he could not resist talking about himself.

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Peace/2013/12/10/Obama-Talks-About-Himself-at-Mandela-Memorial

2. SolaSaint

SolaSaint Well-Known Member

Yes, he likes the words I, Me, My etc.

3. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    To Quote the Good Reverend...

"It showed a lack of concern for anyone but himself, it lacked class, and maturity. Probably do not need to make much out of it." :smilewinkgrin:

I think I'm catching unto your way of seeing things, especially when it comes to what I post/submit! Thanks for helping me to see you in a different light. :smilewinkgrin:

4. thisnumbersdisconnected

From a strictly psycho-spiritual aspect, one who must turn all subjects and discussions to himself is displaying the most overt of symptoms of narcissistic personality disorder. To be diagnosed with NPD, one must display at least five of these symptoms (from the DSM-5):

• Has a grandiose sense of self-importance (e.g., exaggerates achievements and talents, expects to be recognized as superior without commensurate achievements)
    • Is preoccupied with fantasies of unlimited success, power, brilliance, beauty, or ideal love
    • Believes that he or she is “special” and unique and can only be understood by, or should associate with, other special or high-status people (or institutions)
    • Requires excessive admiration
    • Has a very strong sense of entitlement, e.g., unreasonable expectations of especially favorable treatment or automatic compliance with his or her expectations
    • Is exploitative of others, e.g., takes advantage of others to achieve his or her own ends
    • Lacks empathy, e.g., is unwilling to recognize or identify with the feelings and needs of others
    • Is often envious of others or believes that others are envious of him or her
    • Regularly shows arrogant, haughty behaviors or attitudes
    So, just off the top of your head, how many of these does the Great Pretender meet? (Hint: He meets the criteria for the diagnosis.)

5. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    For heaven's sakes people! Obama was delivering a eulogy. OF COURSE he's going to say how Mandela affected his life. That's a normal part of a eulogy. <SMH>

6. exscentric

exscentric Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I spose that's why they call em youlogies. :)