1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Obama throws water on Fourth of July Celebrations?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by righteousdude2, Jul 2, 2013.

1. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Did Obama intentionally cancel fourth of July celebrations at military bases for financial, or personal reasons?

His trip [family vacation, too] to Africa is costing America one hundred million dollars - at least - but he says tours of the White House and Fourth of July celebrations at military bases throughout America had to be scuttled due to lack of funds.

Had he left his children home in DC, there'd have been ample money for military bases to celebrate this iconic, traditional American holiday.

My question to you is, was this intentional in order to take attention off traditional American holiday celebrations? Or is there really a financial crisis? And if there is a crisis, why did he splurge and take his entire family on an African nation tour?

As an American, I believe those in the military deserve to have a celebration on the base if they so desire. After all, they've given so much in personal time, life and limb for this nation!

I say, "Shame on you, Mr. President! You look more and more like Ebeneezer Scrooge with each passing day. I guess they should just "Eat cake" as the French monarchy has been quoted as saying to the less affluent, dying from starvation, while the monarchy enjoyed the finer things of life! :tear:

SEE (for complete story): http://www.tpnn.com/priorities-four...-the-obamas-tour-africa-on-the-taxpayer-dime/

2. Oldtimer

Oldtimer New Member

This fight has been about an INCREASE in budget over prior years, NOT a decrease.

Therefore, if there's money for him & family to vacation, based on PRIOR* budgets, then there should be the same criterior for Independence Day celebrations, tours, etc. Money is available for those activities up to the previous level, but not exceeding.

This is an effort to draw even more ire from the public against anyone who stood against INCREASING federal spending and INCREASING debt to higher levels. ie Make spending cuts everywhere the public will be directly negatively impacted for political gain.

It isn't about him eating cake. It's about feeding stale hardtack to incite mutiny.

*When was the last time a budget was actually approved?