1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Obama to ban gun ownership to Social Security recipients!

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by righteousdude2, Jul 20, 2015.

1. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It did match the content. Thread titles are not meant to be exhaustive. Your expectation is unrealistic. Deal with the content of the thread and move on. Your complaints are silly and only creates unnecessary strife.

If you have a problem enduring sloppy writing the God help you. Maybe a forum is not the place for you.

2. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Semantics and personal grudges.

This is ridiculous.

The title can be read both ways. So what?

Get over it.

Either participate in the discussion or go somewhere else, but stop the whining about the title.

3. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So when were Revmitchell and Carpro named as moderators?

4. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Considering in the past week I've been told not to read posts and not to make posts, perhaps you are right.

5. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You don't find this post inconsistent with your criticism of thread titles?

6. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    CTB is guilty of histrionics, and we call him on it all the time. RD2 is guilty of histrionics -- and we give him a pass?

7. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I am not aware of exaggerated claims by crabby. I am aware of flat out incorrect and completely false claims made by crabby.

The thread title of any thread has little to do with the content of the op. However, what RD2 did was none of these. The title was not precise so what? The title was factual in that there will be ss receivers who will be effected. Just because it does not make a claim about how many specifically does not make it exaggerated.

This bickering and nitpicking about thread titles only derails the threads. AS I said before if you have a concern about his intention behind the thread title ask for clarification from him. Preferably in a pm. If you are not willing to do that then maybe it is not worth noting.

8. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So express yourself and

MOVE ON

Going on 3 pages is beyond ridiculous.

9. Rolfe

Rolfe Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    This thread made me chuckle. Thanks.

10. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Sorry! Can we get on with discussing the topic?

I am dismayed with the constant attacks ITL lobs my way. Nothing I write seems to meet with his approval?! Note to ITL, maybe that is why I refer to you as "dim the lights!" Just suggesting you tone your rhetoric down!

Look at the pages wasted discussing my intent? HOW SAD IS THAT? It is one more sign that this board has regressed into the same kind of nature the country has fallen into, and then we wonder why America is in deep trouble!

If the naysayers are an example has become; I really hold out little hope for America!

There is little room for a title. If what I write doesn't meet your satisfaction, then as I continue to say, don't read the article. :wavey:

As for the topic: when was the last time we witnessed a senior citizen go into any public gathering and shoot the place up in the name of hate or radical Islam? If Obama does make this change to the right to own guns, it is one more step towards removing the right to own guns for an entire nation!

So if the majority sit by and say well, that won't hurt me, I'm not a senior, or I still have the ability to care for myself, then this president has won again! He is betting on no one doing or saying anything; because it doesn't affect them, now that is!

11. Born Again

Born Again Member

In defense of some of the American voters, some attempts of the voters to stop the decline in this country are overturned by out of control legislating from the bench.