1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Obama to End Military's 'Don't Ask, Don't Tell' Policy

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Dragoon68, Jan 14, 2009.

1. ajg1959

ajg1959 New Member

Well, I have to come out of hibernation for this one here.

When I was iin the Army, I had to spend the night in foxholes with men. I had to attach my shelter half to another man's shelter half so we both could sleep together inside. I had to shower with men.

Nobody has a problem understanding why women werent allowed to share in these things. There would be physical attractions that create distractions. It would be the same with gays, only worse because their attractions would be unwanted and disgusting to normal personell.

So, what would you do with an Army composed of say 10% openly gay men, that didnt have to hide their sexual orientation? The women are segregated from the men because of sexual orientation and sexual distractions, so would you also have seperate quarters for gays? How would you conduct field operations when most normal men wouldnt want to sleep with a gay man?

What about the moral? Can you imagine "The Pink Beret"?. Who wants to serve in a sissy Army? I am not trying to make fun or be degrading, but what I am saying is fact. A openly gay enlistment policy will be a disaster.

AJ

2. BigBossman

BigBossman Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Here's my problem with this: The way the media presents it, they ask "Do you favor Don't Ask, Don't Tell?" When it was first introduced, I didn't like it. I still don't like it. I never have been in favor of homosexuals being allowed to join our military. If you were to answer that you don't favor it, they assume that you support Obama's plan. That just shows how the media twists things around.

The truth is, I want our military like it was prior to Bill Clinton. Better yet, I think our military's morale was much higher during Ronald Reagan's time in office. President Reagan could motivate anyone to do just about anything. You would have thought that when President G.W. Bush took office, he would have undone (or at least attempted to) the damage that Bill Clinton did to our military.

#22 BigBossman, Jan 16, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 16, 2009
  3. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The Military moral is going to plummet under Barack Hussein (we can say that now) Obama.

4. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

Tell the Episcopalians that, the ones leaving that denomination that is.