1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Obama to Iraq: America is Coming to Help You!

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by righteousdude2, Aug 8, 2014.

1. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Should, and will the church and her people be there for those being sent to help those in danger of brutal death and suffering?

SEE:http://www.aol.com/article/2014/08/...rid7|htmlws-main-bb|dl1|sec1_lnk3&pLid=512576

Well, let me start this post by apologizing to any of you who may be offended by a believer posting something to do with the nation or another nation and its needs for military assistance. Both of which are political choices.

I am posting this personal opinion thread because, as a pastor and a believer, there are people facing annihilation at the hands of the ISIL/ISIS; plus, our POTUS has ordered men and women in military service to go into "Harms way" in order to help another nation and its people; and these brave individuals need our prayers.

Secondly, I want to compliment the POTUS for finally making a decision to use the strength and might of America's military in order to suppress the aggression of an evil, radical form of Islam!

So, as you see, and by "you" I am directly speaking to those who think the church, and preachers should preach the Gospel and win souls. You see, "those of you who disagree with the pulpits' involvement in political and national issues" are, in my opinion, wrong! There are times the church must step out of the box and be what it's called to be, the beacon on the hill and salt of the earth. There are times the church can preach the Gospel by praying for those who are fighting to keep evil at arm's length.

In conclusion. We, as peopl of God live in perilous times. We are seeing a rise in evil, not only around this world, but in our workplace, shopping malls, places of entertainment and fun, neighborhoods, and even our families!

"You" see, we live in a world that needs to know God has a plan to deliver them from their sin, and once they are saved; He can and will protect them and deliver them from evil. When He spoke about the narrow path, we walk down, He also said it would not be without its difficulties. And because those difficulties are all around us, as a pastor, we have the responsibility to teach what those evils are, and how we can best avoid them, or be taken through the storms of life! For me, that is preaching the Gospel.

The world, and our neighbors and friends need to know that the devil is behind all of this just as Paul writes in Ephesians 2:1-3, "And you were dead in your trespasses and sins, in which you formerly walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, of the spirit that is now working in the sons of disobedience. Among them we too all formerly lived in the lusts of our flesh, indulging the desires of the flesh and of the mind, and were by nature children of wrath, even as the rest.…"

I don't see the church not being involved in politics and community events. Because eventually the things happening in DC and around the world have the potential to reach us and even touch the hem of our prayer garment!

Sure we need to preach the Gospel and win souls to the Kingdom. But a pulpit that turns it eyes and back away from local, national and international news and events that may have dire consequences on how the Gospel is dispatched in the years to come, is a selfish pulpit; a pulpit that hides its head in the sand, and does nothing to keep its flock current on how best to pray, and be prepared by knowing how current events are working together for the coming of the Lord to take us from this world!

Kudos to Mr. Obama for making what I am sure was a difficult decision for him! Now may God watch over our military, who once again place their live on the line for people they do not know. How unselfish is that? And how selfish would it be not to include prayers from the pulpit and pews to form a protective hedge around each and everyone of them, and for their leaders and ours to make decisions that are in all our best interests!