1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Obama was supposed to restore and repair foreign policy riffs...

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by carpro, Nov 29, 2010.

1. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    http://www.spiegel.de/international/world/0,1518,731580,00.html

The US Diplomatic Leaks
    A Superpower's View of the World
    By SPIEGEL Staff

251,000 State Department documents, many of them secret embassy reports from around the world, show how the US seeks to safeguard its influence around the world. It is nothing short of a political meltdown for US foreign policy.

2. preachinjesus

preachinjesus Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

One cannot underestimate the amount of damage this treason has and will do to US relations throughout the world.

You honestly can't blame the current President for much of this. Many of these pieces and activities have been in place for decades.

Anybody who thinks someone can just show up in the White House or on Capital Hill and actually change systematically change things is simply wrong. Saw while I was there and keep hearing from friends who are there. This country is led by a system. The only thing that breaks up systems like this is not something many Americans are comfortable supporting.

3. SRBooe

SRBooe New Member

Leaking secret information has been a plague that we have accepted for years.

From the likes of Sandy Berger and the New York Times to the shenanigans of past political candidates, nobody outside of the U.S. Military and the C.I.A. has been incarcerated for leaking secret information.

It is not a crime if there is no punishment.

Just ask any illegal alien.

4. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
  5. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    What was leaked is not what he should be held responsible for, but for the leak itself.

What is done about it is entirely his responsibility. He has illustrated his appalling incompetence by doing nothing about the first one, which encouraged this one.

Indications are, so far, that he will do nothing about this one either.

More will follow if he doesn't.

6. billwald

billwald New Member

The stuff that was leaked is only embarrassing to the people who wrote it. It has nothing to do with the security of the US.

7. targus

targus New Member

Some those embarrassed people would differ with you.

Some individuals in the middle east who supported the U.S. and were willing to work to reign in Iran may just have targets on their backs now.

Or perhaps they can avoid being killed by a terrorist by switching sides and working against the U.S. in the future.

8. matt wade

matt wade Well-Known Member

But, yet, the liberals blame Bush for 9/11. Your statement equally applies to both situations. If you blame Bush for 9/11, then we must also blame Obama for this.

9. preachinjesus

Site Supporter

I don't blame President Bush for the actions of an outside terrorist group. I never have. How could he be blamed?

In other words, hold back on trying to label everybody around here. I challenge you to show me where I have accused President Bush of this.

10. matt wade

I never stated you said that. I stated that liberals said it. Do you automatically group yourself in with liberals when someone talks about them?

11. preachinjesus

Site Supporter

Your statement was intentionally ambiguous. The "you" is personalized. In the future it is best to use "they" or something less specific.

Of course you probably think you're being crafty...you're not.

12. matt wade

I'm not attempting to be crafty. I wasn't attempting to group you in with anyone. I'm sorry if you feel the label fits you, as you must since you make a big deal out of it, but I wasn't calling you anything. Can we move on now with the debate at hand?