1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Obama won't wear flag pin but displays Cuban Flag in his Houston Office

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Ps104_33, Feb 13, 2008.

1. Ps104_33

Ps104_33 New Member

Barack Obama's Houston campaign office prominently displays a Cuban flag with a superimposed picture of Che Guevara, the Argentine-born terrorist and revolutionary.

Of course, Obama made an issue of not wearing an American flag pin or placing his hand over his heart during the national anthem, quite rightly pointing out that neither gesture is necessary to be patriotic. But it sure makes him look like a fool when his ultra-left supporters go to work every day under the flag of the dictator Fidel Castro.

http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2008/02/obama_wont_wear_flag_pin_but_d.html

2. Crabtownboy

Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Another Urban Legend

Never believe blogs with a political bent. A favorite tactic is to spread lies and half-truths.

3. Martin

Martin Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I don't know what it is but I am sure there is more to this story. Blogs and political websites are not good sources.

4. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No such thing as any source witout a particular political bent.

5. jet11

jet11 Member

Here is a link to the video

Here is a link to the video report. See for yourself.

To be fair, here is the disclaimer under the video: "The office featured in this video is funded by volunteers of the Barack Obama Campaign and is not an official headquarters for his campaign. "

Personally, I would not want these kind of supporters.

http://www.myfoxhouston.com/myfox/p...n=1&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=VSTY&pageId=1.1.1

#5 jet11, Feb 13, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 13, 2008
  6. JamieinNH

JamieinNH New Member

I think you're right Martin. There seems to always be more to the story. It reminds me of the ad telling me how little calories somethnig has... until you read that the bottle you're drinking to find out it's 3 or 4 servings in one small bottle!! Then it makes sense.

There is plenty of stuff to complain about with Obama and yet they still have try to dig up dirt like this. :rolleyes:

Sad really... For the people that post it to the web and to the people that copy and paste it into forums.

Jamie

7. JamieinNH

JamieinNH New Member

So, it's not Obama's office as the article suggests that is posting this on his walls. It's an unofficial office that is supporting Obama.

Hum.. I am sure all the people screaming about this will say just what jet11 said... " Personally, I would not want these kind of supporters." An easy cop out if you ask me... I am sure none of them will say that the article was misleading, wrong or slanted... :rolleyes:

I am sure every candidate has supporters they would rather not have. I don't see them making a fuss about them unless it's "the other" guy then it seems to matter.

Jamie

8. Martin

Martin Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Sorry, that is not going to work here. The website you are using as a source is a clear anti-Obama website. No, that is not its "theme" but the anti-Obama thread is very clear.

They even go so far as to, in the article you quoted, call Obama a fool:

"it sure makes him look like a fool"

They also call him a "globalist"

They also claim:

"The American people support overthrowing heinous dictators, spreading democratic ideas, and killing al Qaeda. They just want it done competently. [FONT=times new roman,times]Obama by contrast doesn't want it done at all. He wants to withdraw and talk as he recently stated in his Superbowl advertisement which was kind of an odd victory-focused venue on which to sound just a teeny bit like a pacifist."[/FONT]

Let's, for a moment, ignore the fact that I think the writer is wrong about the view of the American people. Keep in mind that stats can be twisted and used to support anything anyone wishes. The very idea that Obama "doesn't want" to destroy al Qaeda is just silly. No Obama does not support the mission in Iraq, but that does not mean that he wants to talk to Bin Laden. The website you linked to tries to paint Obama as a fluff candidate.

Point?

The whole website you are using is a political, Republican, website. In other words that website is really good at giving "half the picture" and focusing in on things the way they wish to see it.

Patriotism is much more than symbols and going through motions. I don't support Obama but I don't question his patriotism. Truthfully I suspect many people wearing the flag pins do so because of peer pressure and not out of pure patriotism.