1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Obama Worship

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Aaron, Feb 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dragonfly

dragonfly New Member

The real question is, did Palatka51 know this and therefore did he post a deliberate lie, or was he mistaken in making this comparison?

2. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

I don't think it wise for us to ever delve into motivations in posting

3. Steven2006

Steven2006 New Member

I didn't vote for Obama. I wish I could say I think he will be a good president, but sadly I feel he will set our country back and end up even challenging Carter for the legacy of being one of the worst presidents in our countries recent history.

However to be fair and objective I also remember just after 9-11 many people publicly thanking God for Bush, and lauding over him as the right man in the right place for the country. I don't remember people complaining about that at the time.

As goofy as these people are falling all over themselves for Obama, I wouldn't read too much into it. I really don't see Obama duplicating where Hitler went with Germany.

4. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    There are a couple differences that I can see immediately:

• The Crash of '29 was real, and people were really destitute and hard up in Germany. Our "crises" has been greatly exaggerated to create a panic and mass hysteria.
    • The economic and political oppression of Germany by European allies after WWI was real. Through the Treaty of Versailles, Europe robbed from Germany to pay their debts to the U.S., and limited Germany's armed forces to a paltry 100,000 troops. At it's worst, it took over 1,000,000 Marcs to equal one U.S. dollar. Someone preaching the restoration of Germany was very well received. Here the opinion of European nations is inflated to mean something. We're just want people to like us.

5. Phillip

Phillip <b>Moderator</b>

Economics
    I don't think you can compare economics of the United States today even close to Germany before WWII. I can tell you specifics, but I would have to get too detailed for general members of the board to understand them. This is not a slam on the ignorance of readers; simply that I have a lot of Master's degree level economic courses and have been certified by the Defense Acquisition University (DAU) which is a university all DOD workers in management have to take and be certified. It was ordered by the Senate to allow purchasing and economics of America in general (the government's) way of dealing with money. I can conclude there are too many checks and balances built in even compared to the crash early in the century.

Speech
    This simply depends on the speaker and Hitler was not always vague. Especially when it came to the Jews and blood line purity he was quite specific and he relied on Mein Kamph (sp?) to provide a lot of specifics. If you haven't read this book, I highly suggest you do. It is quite an eye opener. Just remember that it is a big and complex book full of lies and half-truths and if you are not strong in your beliefs, especially toward the Jewish race or any other race; I suggest staying away from it. I was lucky enough to get a copy of it printed in the United States in about 1937 somewhat before the war. It was a library throw away that you can get for a dime. I could not believe my luck that they would throw away this book due to its time of printing and translation to English.

This would be like trying to compare Bill Clinton with Jimmy Carter. Very little similarity but pretty much the same as trying to say that President Obama speaks like Winston Churchhill. I bet you could find similarities to make or tear down your statement which is ambiguous at the least.

The Civilian Security Force
    Absolutely NOTHING like the government of Germany at the time and a completely professional and important group that stops over 100 attacks on the United States about every year. We were cyber attacked by a group that was sympathetic to the old USSR communism using Turkey as their base of operation. They actually got into our databases with tons of firewall and other protection and hurt our solders from obtaining much needed documents.

Cultic followers
    This happens with every well publicized president. Remember Ronald Reagan? His followers were just as cultic if not more. So have other presidents been.

This is my educated opinion as I work for the government in explosive safety and transportation and see every case they solve. It is quite an interesting job because we are responsible for all the branches of government who deal with explosives or ammunition. I see and welcome every bit of our Homeland security at work and highly appreciate the private civilians that guard and protect the world's largest depot of ammunition with over 6 million squire feet of explosive and ammunition storage space, mostly in underground bunkers (over 1200 or more). I'm not trying to brag, just let you know where I get my information.

6. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You didn't read my other posts. As I said, Germany's crises were real, ours is largely imagined, but that doesn't matter. It's what people perceive that matters, and with the massive propaganda of the press and the persistent fear-mongering speeches of Obama, Pelosi and almost all the Democrats, the perception of the uneducated masses is that this IS as bad as the crash of '29, and are willing to hand almost totalitarian power over to their deliverer.

I'm was speaking primarily of Hitler's campaign speeches when he ran for President as the NAZI candidate. Yes, Hitler was specific many times, as was Obama when deviating from the script, as when he clearly stated his views of the U.S. Consititution, his plans for coal-fired power plants, and his answer to Joe the Plumber.

You're saying that we already have what Obama said we need? Listen, he deviated from the script when he said that, but a man who "pals around" with folks like Rev. Wright, Bill Ayers, and subscribes to the philosophies of Saul Alinsky cannot be trusted to have wholly noble intentions with a civilian "security force" just as powerful and well-funded as the U.S. military.

Our civilian security force is provided for in the Second Amendment. It's you and I, and every able-bodied American male who owns a gun.

This is preposterous.

There were folks in the government who underestimated Hitler as well.

I'm not saying that things will go exactly like it did in Germany in the 30's and 40's, I'm saying that if we don't take it as seriously as that, America is done for.

7. Palatka51

Palatka51 New Member

I made no assumption. However the link and video is in context to the OP. And in like context is the attitude and religious fervor of the young man.

Don't think for a minute that that young man is not having an epiphany. :laugh: :laugh:

8. Steven2006

Steven2006 New Member

If you didn't make that assumption, then you chose your wording rather poorly, because that is the only reasonable conclusion one could take from your words. Here was your description:

"Yes!!! When the electors of this nation start to referring to it's leaders as God then it is time to become very watchful and ready to inform. "

9. Palatka51

Palatka51 New Member

I make no apology for that post. It was a statement of context to the OP.

10. Steven2006

Steven2006 New Member

But he clearly didn't refer to Obama as God.

11. Palatka51

Palatka51 New Member

This was the context of my post.
    Yes!!! When the electors of this nation start to referring to it's leaders as God then it is time to become very watchful and ready to inform.
    (In direct response to JC's post.)

Do you support such devotion? If so, Why?

I will let my question stand for your answer as well. Apparently JC will not grace us with an answer.

12. Steven2006

Steven2006 New Member

I understand the context, and I am not defending the guy's embarrassing actions.
    However that doesn't change the fact that you are mischaracterizing what he said when you continue to state that he was referring to Obama " as God ". He did no such thing, and it is not the truth to say that he did.

13. JustChristian

JustChristian New Member

I don't support cult-like devotion of our political leaders, no. Some Presidents have simply been very popular like JFK, however. I suppose that we're had such an unpopular President for so long popularity seems like cult worship. Of course, I'd bet your source is Fox news or some other far right news source. They're trying to do anything that will bring down this president.

14. Palatka51

Palatka51 New Member

I have not mischaracterized anything. I never stated that he was referring to Obama as God. The quote of the man's "epiphany" is of the referenced article, not my words. However, let's make no mistake about it, he is having a pseudo religious experience.

15. Palatka51

Palatka51 New Member

Follow the links. It has it's source in the New York Times.

16. Steven2006

Steven2006 New Member

Then I go back to my original point that your choice of wording is poor because I don't see any other conclusion to form when you say this.

"When the electors of this nation start to referring to it's leaders as God"

To satisfy my curiosity what does this sentence mean, if not that?

17. JustChristian

JustChristian New Member

Did you participate in an unjust war and murder innocent civilians?

18. Palatka51

Palatka51 New Member

Again I go back to show you the context of my post.
    Yes!!! When the electors of this nation start to referring to it's leaders as God then it is time to become very watchful and ready to inform.
    In direct response to JC's post I answered in the positive and then gave the requested explanation.

Now stop beating that horse. It is dead already.

19. Palatka51

Palatka51 New Member

Are you calling our brave men and women of our armed forces murderers?! You had best leave that alone!!!

20. JustChristian

JustChristian New Member

This is NOT the New York Times. You quoted it in your post #8. Looks pretty trashy to me.

http://www.fireandreamitchell.com/2...ssein-obamas-staff-after-begging-for-housing/

Oh Gracious God “Julio Osegueda” [snipped] and Henrietta Hughes gets to talk to Hussein Obama’s “Staff” after begging for housing!?

Creepy has become the norm with the B. Hussein Obama cult around the nation, from the dazed media, the thrills up legs, to “reporters” getting excited about Obama’s chest, to NY Times writers dreaming about having sex with Obama. Today in Ft. Myers, Florida, we saw the cult mentality on display yet again. First there was “Julio Osegueda“, burger flipper of 4 years from McDonalds who wants “better benefits”. When Julio Osegueda was called on by Hussein, he had this to say:
    Osegueda started, “It’s such a blessing to see you Mr. President, thank you for taking time out of your day! Oh, gracious God, thank you so much!” Did he just thank Obama twice? Heres the classic video:

Then there was Henrietta Hughes. said she was unemployed and homeless, and living with her family in a very small vehicle. “The Housing Authority has two years waiting list. We need something more than a vehicle and parks to go to. We need our own kitchen and our own bathroom.” She pleaded, “Please help.”

President Obama walked over to her, and said, “We’re going to do everything we can to help you. I’ll have my staff talk to you after the town hall.”

Why is Hussein Obama’s “staff” going to talk to her after the town hall? Is she somehow going to get some special treatment because she’s black? Is this the HOPE and change we need? Oh BTW, the stock market today dropped over 380 points today. But lets make sure and help this homeless black lady who afterwards proclaimed: “I LOVE YOU BARACK!”

Update 2pm PST: Guess what folks? She GOT A HOUSE! Your tax dollars at work! The changes we need! Beg, and ye shall receive!

#40 JustChristian, Feb 13, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 14, 2009
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.