1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Obamacare - No "death" panels?

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Don, Jun 4, 2013.

1. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes, I'm probably guilty of histrionics. But seriously - the person in charge of the healthcare system can't sign a piece of paper that lawmakers have determined would not upset precedent or violate the consistency of allocation policy?

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...e-child-allow-her-to-get-adult/#ixzz2VHVdJGw7

2. Sapper Woody

Sapper Woody Well-Known Member

This is sad in so many ways. I feel very sorry for the girl right now.

I am not a doctor, and so cannot comment on whether or not it would be successful. I did notice, however, that they said it "may" be successful.

I guess in the end, I am all for giving her a chance to live. Not at the expense of someone else's chance to live, simply because she's younger though. If she can be given this opportunity without pushing others out of the way, then by all means go for it.

I know that sounds cold hearted since she is a child. But wouldn't it be just as cold hearted to tell an adult, "Sorry, you're going to die so that a little girl has a chance to live."? So I stand by my choice, if it can be offered to her without pushing others who need that lung (and who have a higher chance of survival) out of the way, then go for it.

3. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I agree, Woody. As the last paragraph indicates, they're advocating that she be placed in the appropriate line ranking if approved to compete for an adult lung; it's just that a pediatric lung is extremely hard to come by, and she's at/near the threshold for an adult lung.

BTW: Been a while. How ya doing? If I'm recalling correctly, looks like you've had some additions to that rack?

4. church mouse guy

church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Sibelius is a liberal Catholic old-money type who should resign and go to Leland, Michigan, with all the other old-money types where she already has a mansion. She is mixed up with the ethanol lobby, pro-choice, anti-gun, anti-death penalty leftist crowd. She should not be in charge of health and human services for anyone. She has been barred from communion in the USA. I can't wait till she goes to Leland and stays there.