1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Obamacare origin lawsuits

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by church mouse guy, Feb 26, 2015.

1. church mouse guy

church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Heath Care Lawsuits.org has been tracking all of the lawsuits against Obamacare. Two cases have been filed because the US Supreme Court, as you know, ruled that Obamacare is a tax.

Two cases are now in the courts:

1. Hotze v. Sebelius
    2. Sissel v. United States Department of Health & Human Services

Hotze v. Sebelius: "...this case points out that ObamaCare, a revenue-raising bill, originated in the Senate, which is unconstitutional." This case is now in the 5th Circuit Court of Appeals.

http://healthcarelawsuits.org/detai...-Texas-Claims-ObamaCare-Harms-Small-Employers

Sissel v. United States Department of Health & Human Services

"Status: Plaintiff appealed to the D.C. Circuit Court of Apppeals on Jul. 5, 2013. Briefing completed Dec. 20, 2013. Oral argument held on May 8, 2014. The D.C. Court of Appeals issued an adverse decision. Plaintiff's petition for rehearing en banc filed on October 6, 2014. Awaiting decision."

http://www.pacificlegal.org/cases/Sissel-3-1374

In summary, since Obamacare is a tax and since all tax bills must originate in the US House of Representatives according to the US Constitution, Obamacare seems to be unconstitutional since it was a Senate bill.

2. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

Glad to see this. I have been wondering when someone would bring suit over this unconstitutional action by Dingy Harry and the democrat Senate!

3. Jkdbuck76

Jkdbuck76 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

None of it will stick. Obeymecare will survive because the crooks will have to cover up their crookedness.

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk

4. church mouse guy

church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You know, that is more or less my thinking. I think that the Supremes will say that it was unconstitutional but since it was a technicality and only an error by Democrats in a hurry to raise taxes and so therefore it stands.