1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Obama's Abortion Bombshell: Unrestricted Abortion Over Wishes of Individual States a

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Revmitchell, Jun 29, 2008.

1. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    WASHINGTON, D.C., June 10, 2008 (LifeSiteNews.com) - Barack Obama, the presumptive pro-abortion nominee of the Democratic Party, has plans to reward the allies that helped him topple Hillary Clinton from her throne by making total unrestricted abortion in the United States his number one priority as president.

Much More Here

2. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

I have to admit Rev, this article left me speechless. Two ways I see this;;;

After making these statements, if he makes it to the oval office, it shows the majority of American's support or at least can tolerate his view. This would make those who oppose his view or think it is wrong the minority. Keep in mind, I am not pro-abortion when it comes to me and my house but I can see others reasons for choice.

Secondly, it shows the race has begun...

I found this very interesting

With this thinking he would still be slave eligible and would not be running for our highest office. I think the 35 years shows man is incapable of true justice which I can't believe can be democratically based. IOW, right is right regardless if the majority think it's right or not.

#2 LeBuick, Jun 29, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 29, 2008
  3. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Regardless of which side of the debate one is on we need to see the wisdom of the Founding Fathers to keep the federal government restricted as much as possible and leave most issues up to the individual states to handle.

4. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    NO state should be able to slaughter children

5. StefanM

StefanM Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Though I clash with you frequently, on this we agree 100%!

6. Andre

Andre Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I do not believe this and I am willing to chance the following without even checking my facts first - this is how confident I am that you are mistaken.

Your statement characterizes Mr. Obama as supporting no restrictions on abortions.

I, nor any thinking reader, believes this for a second.

Here, according to the article, is really what Mr. Obama supports:

"It is the policy of the United States that every woman has the fundamental right to choose to bear a child, to terminate a pregnancy prior to fetal viability, or to terminate a pregnancy after fetal viability when necessary to protect the life or health of the woman"

This, of course, is not unrestricted abortion - unrestricted abortion implies no constraints at all. And the position that Mr. Obama lines himself up with indeed has a constraint - fetal viability (unless the life and health of the mother is at risk).

7. donnA

donnA Active Member

In past statement sof his, it was not "prior to fetal viability, or to terminate a pregnancy after fetal viability when necessary to protect the life or health of the woman",, we have seen him saying he supports being able to murder a live birth baby, and he voted that live birth infants were not to be guranteed medical care, meaning let them lay there and die. This is where he really stands.

8. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    In a past statement of his, Senator McCain said that he didn't want to see Roe v. Wade overturned.

9. Andre

Andre Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I am going to go out on a limb here.

I guarantee that Mr. Obama never made any statement that could reasonably be understood as expressing the position you ascribe to him.

Your assertion is either untrue, or it misrepresents by the exclusion of important detail.

Now, anyone care to prove me wrong?

10. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You never proved yourself right.

11. Andre

Andre Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Its not up to me to "prove" Mr. Obama never expressed the position that Donna ascribed to him - it is up to Donna to support her claim with evidence.

And I guarantee no valid evidence will be forthcoming. I do not even need to check - I know from common sense that Mr. Obama would not have taken the position ascribed to him.

But, please, make me eat my words - prove me wrong.

Either there is no reality behind her claim or what Mr. Obama did say is a significantly qualified version of what Donna represents him as having said.

12. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    "On an issue like partial birth abortion, I strongly believe that the state can properly restrict late-term abortions. I have said so repeatedly. All I've said is we should have a provision to protect the health of the mother, and many of the bills that came before me didn't have that." - Senator Barack Obama on "Fox News Sunday" on 4/27/08

- www.ontheissues.org/Archive/2008_Fox_News_Sunday_Barack_Obama.htm

13. Andre

Andre Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Now this is at least plausible.

14. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    #14 Revmitchell, Jun 29, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 29, 2008
  15. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    He is so pro-abortion that he refused as an Illinois state senator to support legislation to protect babies who survived late-term abortions because he did not want to concede -- as he explained in a cold-blooded speech on the Illinois Senate floor -- that these babies, fully outside their mothers' wombs, with their hearts beating and lungs heaving, were in fact "persons."

"Persons," of course, are guaranteed equal protection of the law under the 14th Amendment.

In 2004, U.S. Senate-candidate Obama mischaracterized his opposition to this legislation. Now, as a presidential frontrunner, he should be held accountable for what he actually said and did about the Born Alive Infants Bill.

State and federal versions of this bill became an issue earlier this decade because of "induced labor abortion." This is usually performed on a baby with Down's Syndrome or another problem discovered on the cusp of viability. A doctor medicates the mother to cause premature labor. Babies surviving labor are left untreated to die.

Jill Stanek, who was a nurse at Christ Hospital in Oak Lawn, Ill., testified in the U.S. Congress in 2000 and 2001 about how "induced labor abortions" were handled at her hospital.

Story Here

16. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  17. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

Is this a direct quote?

18. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

19. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

I am not sure this is true but for me it does not matter. I do not support McCain I will not be voting fro McCain