1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Obama's America: Tyranny and Permanent War

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by poncho, Jan 2, 2012.

1. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Curtis, glad to hear you have turned your life around. I trust it was thru the Power of Christ.
    When it comes to running for office there have been several "less then active desirables" If you can show that you have made a permanent change - that might even make you more qualified!

I am NOT trying to change the subject. You have made a complaint - and I simply was making a reasonable suggestion.

Just wondering how you know for whom I voted?

I have often made a write in vote! Actually I like the plan that Nevada has "None of the Above" (I wonder what the P-man thinks of that ideal)

and Sapper - as far as you running for office - while on Active Duty - would that be in compliance with AR-600-50

2. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Dishonesty doesn't become you my friend.

You've always gone the lesser of two evils route. Not to hard to figure it out from there.

#22 poncho, Jan 7, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 7, 2012
  3. Crabtownboy

Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I didn't know Salty voted for Obama. :laugh:

4. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    So let me get this straight - you are recommending people NOT to run for public office? Dishonest - boy thats a good one!

With a statements like these, I now have less respect for your opinions (which is not saying a whole lot to begin with)

I suppose you followed my campaigns for State assy and City council very closely?

5. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

You don't get t do you Salty? I don't care if you respect my opinions or not. I'm not here to win a popularity contest. I'm here to give you corporately informed citizens the other side of story. The side the corporations through their control of the press will not give you.

I couldn't care less if you believe it or not. Okay? Do you understand where I'm coming from now?

My "credibilty" means little to nothing to me. As more people wake up and they are waking up! My credibility will increase while your's decreases. Because I've done my rumblin, stumblin, fumblin best to peddle the truth here while guys like you have done your utmost to avoid it completely and steer others as far away from it as you can. Knowingly or not.

Like you've come here to this thread to do. You don't want to talk about important issues or find the true truth of things apparent and not so you keeping trying to derail threads that try do deal with it.

That's dishonest any way you slice it!!!

I'm done wasting time and space on you now. :wavey:

#25 poncho, Jan 8, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 8, 2012
  6. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Do you all see how this works now? Our un natural born president signs a law that is repugnant to the constitution and and insult to the very idea of freedom and the only response we get is from a man who only wishes to make light of others.

We're getting exactly what we deserve as a nation.

7. J.D.

J.D. Active Member
    Site Supporter

Neither Active Duty nor Federal Employees can run for political office.

8. Sapper Woody

Sapper Woody Well-Known Member

I had to go back and look at my wording when I saw these, to make sure I had it right :laugh: I was saying that I'd run after my contract expires.

9. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    SW, don't be overly concerned about running for office soldier.

Clearly most people don't have the combination of money (especially money), education, apptitude, conviction, motivation, perseverance, etc, etc... to run for office.

Do what you can now in the voting booth, redress of grievances, etc to affect those who are governing and participate in public venues such as the BB to affect those who are governed.

There are other avenues created by the founding fathers to allow the American citizen to exercise the rights of freedom without the expense of running for office.

Do what you can in the present now that you are awakened to what is needed to legally reform our government.

Beyond your American citizenship and the freedoms it affords you, as a citizen of heaven you have the greatest power on earth at your disposal: prayer - which is potentially far greater than any earthly office you may hold.

1 Timothy 2:1 I exhort therefore, that, first of all, supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks, be made for all men;
    2 For kings, and for all that are in authority; that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and honesty.
    3 For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour;​

Thank you for your service soldier.

HankD (a brother and a veteran)

10. billwald

billwald New Member

>Curtis, glad to hear you have turned your life around. I trust it was thru the Power of Christ.

Would it have been less honorable or remarkable if it had been through the power of the LDS?