1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Obama's Depression?

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by OldRegular, Nov 20, 2008.

1. JamieinNH

JamieinNH New Member

Like others, when you don't have a leg to stand on you attempt comedy.

Do you happen to have a link to these market watchers?

Really, if you don't have anything to add can you just not post, unless you just trying to get up your post count...

2. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    1. Everything is not evidenced through the internet so your assertion that a link is required for proof is false. As if there is not a link then it never happened. And if you do not like his claim you can not just post either. But your personal disbelief neither makes it true or untrue.

3. JustChristian

JustChristian New Member

History has shown that the markets have performed better during Democratic presidencies than Republican presidencies.

4. JamieinNH

JamieinNH New Member

No, my friend, you misunderstood.. I never said that providing a link would make this claim true. I merely asked for a link where any of the market watchers have stated how Obama can help fix this mess before he ever gets into office.

This is true in this case.. he has stated that a member of Fox news has stated this opinion, Fox news has a nice website and everything is posted for all to see... this opinion was shown on Fox news so it's not like it's his personal opinion that was given at a private party... You see where I am going with this.. now I am sure you won't agree and will dismiss this as always, but my case has been stated as far as requesting a link to these "market watchers".

At least I am posting questions concerning this topic vers your post of... uh huh...

At the VERY least, I am contributing to this thread by asking valid questions. You however are not.

My personal disbelief? I only stated I how I found it funny that some people are ready to blame Obama for this mess and he isn't even in office yet. How many of you defended Bush when he was being attacked for no good reason? I didn't vote for Obama but I don't see how this mess can be laid at his feet yet. Like someone in this thread has already stated.. Politicans lie so him stating something now isn't going to change anything later...

5. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I am sorry for your mistake. But in fact you did say that in post # 38:

"Link please, or I am going to just have no other choice but to assume you're making it up."

You may not agree with it but there is no cause to assume or charge that anyone is making it up.

Prove "everything" is posted on Fox News website. This claim is in fact false. I have myself seen a good number of stories on Fox that I would like to have posted about but could not find it on the website after words. So to avoid this silly accusation you made I never did.

You should go back through the thread so you will no longer be misinformed on this.

Your calim about Obama may be valid but asserting that he "made it up" because there is no link on Fox is what I am talking about here.

#45 Revmitchell, Nov 21, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 21, 2008
  6. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The stock market is going down because everyone is selling and no one is buying.

We have a president elect , who takes office in 60 days, and ran on a platform of higher corporate taxes and higher investor taxes.

Why would investors not cash in their stocks now while the taxes are lower and wait to see what other anti business steps he takes before deciding where and how to re-invest their money?

#46 carpro, Nov 21, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 21, 2008
  7. JamieinNH

JamieinNH New Member

Again you are wrong. There are two parts to this conversation... One is if the story is accurate in that all Obama has to do is give a speech and the market will start to correct itself and 2 did any "market watchers" actually imply that all Obama had to do was give a speech.

I don't think anyone in their right mind in the business of knowing these type of things would say that all the market needs in for Obama to say what he will or won't do in this matter.

Because I don't believe anyone would actually say such a thing, I asked for and haven't received a link to ANY of these "market watchers" so I would have no other choice to believe it was never said.

I never said everything from the web was true. I never said everything from Fox's website was true. All I said was, if Neil Cavuto said this, then it should be listed on their site.

It has nothing to do with if it's true or not.. My question is and has always been.. did he say that? Has anyone said that?

Good for you... you can add input into a conversation without resorting to uh huh.... :)

No, I think I am informed in this thread and know what questions I asked, what hasn't been answered. You my friend are the one confussing my question with this topic and it's trufullness.

My claim about Obama is accurate and it would be accurate for anyone that hasn't taken office yet.. Let me ask you this.. We all know Palin will run for another office sometime in the future.. Her polictical carrer has just started... Does that mean we can blame her for the next office she will hold be it in the Senate, or as VP or as President? No, we can't and we can't blame Obama and his staff for this because he isn't his to fix yet.

And I stand by my statement that I don't believe anyone in the 'know' would make a statement such as ..."all Obama has to do in make a speech to calm the market....." They are smarter that than and know the market doesn't react to just ONE man.

8. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You have plenty of choice. Accusing him of lying is taking it farther than just a disagreement and not necessary. Again, prove Fox puts everything said on television on their web site. Other wise you have no credibility on calling him a liar.

9. JamieinNH

JamieinNH New Member

Sure, the choice to believe in the OP or not...

I haven't outright called him a liar, I just choose to believe that people in the know haven't said such a thing and if they did it would be posted somewhere.

I call it the way I see it just like you have over the political season.. If you have seen posts that you didn't believe or wanted to read more about you asked for links.. nothing new here...

The fact remains that these "market watchers" either aren't on record about this 'quick fix' or they didn't say it or they said it but no one has produced a link to show they said it.

If you would like, you can find a link that shows where the 'market watchers' have said such a thing and post it for him. Otherwise I will draw my own conclusions.

Nice try... since you can't seem to produce a link you want to turn the tables and ask me for something that neither of you have been able to produce.. Sorry, it don't work that way. I asked a valid question and you don't get to hide by asking another one.

BTW, I am sure I don't have any credibility with you anyways, and believe me that's ok. I know where I stand and know I am human bound to mistakes and will readily admit them when I am wrong. You however, always seem to be on the side of right no matter what the subject.. Never once wrong, but always right so I don't expect you to change...

Link or bust I say....

10. JustChristian

JustChristian New Member

Quick. If I say the great depression whose name comes to mind? Could it be Herbert Hoover?

11. JustChristian

JustChristian New Member

The market has long sense passed the point of no return and it has nothing to do with Obama.

12. JustChristian

JustChristian New Member

Ridiculous. Suppose I started a thread entitled "Old Regulars illegitimate child?" Would you consider that an insult or just a question?

13. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

You know what assuming does don't you; so assume away, I told you my source.:laugh: :laugh:

14. OldRegular

The above remark is typical of your posts.:BangHead:

15. rbell

rbell Active Member

I just wanted ya'll to see BB does know another president besides Bush.

:laugh:

16. JamieinNH

JamieinNH New Member

Yeah, but I think the saying has you and me in it. :) You told me your source but haven't provided a link.. I understand it's easy to say things off the cuff and then when asked about them not be able to back them up. We see it every day in this forums..

No worries, just remember this when you ask someone else to provide a link.

17. JustChristian

JustChristian New Member

No answer as usual. Just another hateful response.

18. OldRegular

Just read your poll. Was it posted before or after the above comment? If after you have already fallen.:tonofbricks:

19. OldRegular

Don't recall asking anyone to provide a link. It is difficult if not impossible to provide a link to a verbal news program.:BangHead:

20. OldRegular

Same comment as above!:laugh: :laugh: For those unaware JC is formerly BB as if it is not demonstrated by his response.:BangHead:

#60 OldRegular, Nov 22, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 22, 2008