1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Obama's Harmony With Homosexuals

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Dragoon68, Jan 21, 2009.

1. Magnetic Poles

Magnetic Poles New Member

Glad to hear you don't hate, hillclimber. The only correlation is that is it one of many ways to transmit the HIV virus. People need to change behavior, sure, and I am not condoning homosexual liasons. I know you didn't say this, but I see people who think we should not seek a cure or a vaccination, as this would thwart God's punishment.

If it IS God's punishment, he must like lesbians, since they have one of the lowest HIV (and STD in general) infection rates of anyone.

2. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

I don't think it's blaming God. It's God giving them over to the consequences of their sin.

I've always wondered about this from Rom. 1:
    26For this reason God gave them over to degrading passions; for their women exchanged the natural function for that which is unnatural,
    27and in the same way also the men abandoned the natural function of the woman and burned in their desire toward one another, men with men committing indecent acts and receiving in their own persons the due penalty of their error.

3. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

You don't catch AIDS like you catch the flu.

If there had been no sex outside marriage, AIDS would not exist in people's blood. Getting AIDS through blood transfusion or needles is a secondary result of AIDS - primarily it was spread through intimate contact.

But people act like it spreads like a flu or cold.

4. just-want-peace

just-want-peace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Bolded mine

That's because to face the truth, one would have to concede that the deviancy ACTUALLY IS a sin, just as God says it is.

And if it is truly a sin, there can be no passes given for the participation in same.

Ergo, AIDS must be just another routine malady that is no different from pneumonia, smallpox, asthma, or any other physical ailment afflicting mankind.