1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Obama's Non-Sequitur

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Ps104_33, Mar 6, 2008.

1. Ps104_33

Ps104_33 New Member

"Obama's weakness is that he is inexperienced. This shows in his numerous naive and inane statements which I will be blogging about in the months to come. But what intrigues me is Obama's insinuation that experience doesn't matter. Whever Hillary chides Obama with inexperience Obama basically replies, "Look where experience has gotten us."

"Obama's non-sequitur is that experienced people have screwed up, therefore experience is irrelevant. Apply this reasoning to other areas and its absurdity becomes obvious. Consider the following extensions of Obama's argument: "The experienced CEO made a bad investment, so let's replace him with the least experienced guy at the company." "The skilled skater fell during the Olympic trials, so let's put a guy on a team who has never skated before." "The general made a flawed maneuver, so let's turn over the company to Pee Wee Herman."

http://news.aol.com/newsbloggers/2008/03/05/obamas-non-sequitur/

Hillary Clinton's reasoning is just as bad.
    "I was married to a surgeon for eight years, so why dont you let me do your heart transplant."

2. Hopeful

Hopeful New Member

OUCH!!! :tonofbricks: Sounds painful!

3. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

Those are very good points PS. Obama just came out of nowhere. Experience is essential for any job, especially this one. Barely four years in the Senate without any real accomplishments is not experience. Charisma and slogans have carried the day for him, plus the public's total disquist at the present leadership. They are so desperate, they will accept anyone that sounds good.

As to the other candidate, I really do not know what 8 years as first lady has to do with experience to be President. It seems her best qualification is screeching.

300 million Americans and these are the finalists. There is something wrong with the system.

4. StefanM

StefanM Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The Obama-Clinton fight over experience is laughable. It's a squabble between a neophyte and someone with vicarious experience.

The true contrast would be between Obama and McCain. You can call McCain a lot of things, but inexperienced isn't one of them.

5. billwald

billwald New Member

Lincoln had the same sort of CV as 'Bama and look at the mess he started.

6. TomVols

TomVols New Member

I like the system. It's the voters that make you nervous. Like the voters in 2000 who could not name George Bush's father. Or Al Gore's father's name. Or the fact that Democratic votes may be rendered moot when the Super Delegates get into their smoke-filled back room. Okay...that part of the system stinks.

7. dragonfly

dragonfly New Member

Just maybe it is you conservatives who are wrong.

Nah you couldn't be wrong, it must be the millions and millions of people who support either Clinton or Obama. It couldn't be you hand full of conservatives, could it?