1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Obama's Opportunity

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by steaver, Mar 16, 2008.

1. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

Amen Bro Ken... You get it! :applause: :applause:

2. steaver

steaver Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Here is what you are either missing or purposefully ignoring.

Saying Wright preaches a "social gospel" means that they believe what Wright has been saying is the TRUTH about this country.

Wright said the USA government planted the AIDS virus to kill blacks.

Wright said that the USA government pumps drugs into the black community so they can arrest them over and over and give them a three strikes and your out prison sentence.

Now, you "saying" that you think Christians should stand up on behalf of the oppressed in the womb does not line up with your support for those who cast their vote to keep the murder on demand flowing. So I cannot believe you when you say such things. Lip service is easily tested in one's actions.

Now LeBuick says "Amen Bro Ken... You get it! :applause: :applause: ". Do you folks not understand that you cannot just give lip service to these issues? If you really believe that all Christians should stand up on behalf of the oppressed in the wombs then for the love of God DO SOMETHING! Stop casting your support towards those who want abortion on demand!

It is bad enough for a Christian who says they think abortion is ok with them. But to continually say that you believe abortion is wrong and then go about supporting those who have the power to vote on it and appoint judges on it, and they openly say they are all for abortion on demand, is the hieght of hypocrisy.

A Christian who believes abortion is ok is in the sin of appathy and rejecting the word of God.

And a Christain who says they are against abortion and supports it with their vote is in the sin of appathy, lip service and hypocrisy.

God Bless! :jesus:

3. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Actually I believe Obama would be very easy to beat in a general election. Hillary would be much tougher. I am on Obama for his lack of judgment for staying in a racist congregation and not speaking out against it. Racism is sin.

God Bless!

4. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Weekends over and it is still here!

Now Obama is going to give a speach on Wright's sermons. I guess he is going to try to expalin them away, give them the old "spin and twist".

Anything less than Obama reproving this congregation and telling them to repent of their racist rants or he is leaving this church will result in Obama's end as the next potential President.

My hunch is he will blow this attempt to put it to rest. What can he possibly say? Any attempt to justify this congregations rhetoric will be devestating to his campaign.

I heard today in the news that the church updated it's website and took out some pro-black rhetoric. This is a good start, but they need to confess their sin and only then will the voters let it go.

Obama must humble himself and take the lead telling this church to repent. If he would, he would clinch the deal for President. I think he doesn't have what it takes to stand up for righteousness and tell this congregation the truth.

God Bless! :thumbs:

5. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    The super delegates are going to have a delima on their hands now with Obama.

He has won the most delegates if PA and others do not reject Obama in some landslide over this race problem.

However, would he have won the most delegates if this racism was known of him three months ago?

Now those who voted for him in the primaries may not turn out for him in the general and this could tip the scale nicely for McCain.

Democrats are in a lose lose situation. They need to get their act together and groom some decent worthy candidates for future races.

God Bless! :thumbs:

6. Justlittleoldme

Justlittleoldme New Member

I think both Dems & Reps were a little low on these types of candidates this year.