1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Obama's plan to close Gitmo: Merely a shell game?

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by righteousdude2, Feb 23, 2016.

1. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    http://www.cnn.com/2016/02/22/politics/guantanamo-bay-closure-plan-obama/

So he closes Gitmo. What has he accomplished? He moves half the remaining prisoners to Muslim led nations and the "worst of the worst" mainland, to a neighborhood near you and I? How does he accomplish anything other than moving these guys from an island prison to a US prison. And in the end, these guys are STILL IMPRISONED?!

All he does is follow through on an empty, feel good campaign promise. In my eyes Obama has once again failed to protect the American people. He has failed to do as he swore ... to protect us, American citizens, from enemies foreign and domestic, and now these foreign enemies are moved off shore to a continental prison in our backyard.

Irony isn't it. He has broken the basic premise of the NIMBY argument. I have to wonder if he would be willing to live in the same city one or more of these guys will be housed in? If he didn't have the promise and security of Secret Service for the rest of his life, this man would be crying very loudly: NIMBY, "not in my back yard, sucka!"

So is it merely a shell game, or does it have merit? And should this action result in impeachment should he over ride Congress?

#1 righteousdude2, Feb 23, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2016