1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Obama's Questionable VP Pick

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Revmitchell, Sep 1, 2008.

1. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So much for all the talk about the beacons of light and returning respect to the United States. Barack Obama's choice for vice president can only drag the country into ugly territory. His pick simply confirms his total disregard for the Iraqi people.

All along, Biden has made it clear that he sees Iraqis as nothing more than savages bent on killing one another. His solution is to divide the country to stop the beasts from murdering the other beasts. He can argue all he wants that President Bush and John McCain are not nearly as smart as Biden is, but at least they will not abandon the Iraqis.

More Here

2. ajg1959

ajg1959 New Member

I think the terrorists groups and the muslim sects are the least of Iraq's worries if we abandon them. I believe that Iran will immediately move into Iraq if we leave it unprotected. Iran's goal is to control the oil supply in Iraq, and have the western border of Iraq to place missiles that can reach Isreal.

They have declared an intention to "wipe Isreal off the face of the map", and even some of our Arab allies would back Iran with this, thus setting off a war of worldwide magnitude.

Biden's disregard for the longterm security of Iraq is dangerous policy to say the least.

AJ

3. dragonfly

dragonfly New Member

The best thing we can do for the Iraqis now is to leave their country as soon as possible. This is just another area where the Obama/Biden position is superior to McCain/Palin.

#3 dragonfly, Sep 1, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 1, 2008
  4. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Amen, brother. :thumbs:

The glorification of war by some Christian conservatives is simply apalling. :tear:

I'm sure that some Christian conservatives will take me to task for saying that they glorify war. However, I doubt they can provide any proof that Senator Biden called the Iraqis "savages" or "beasts". They had best be as able to handle receiving it as they are in dishing it out.