1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Obama's speech

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by bobbyd, Mar 18, 2008.

1. Alcott

Alcott Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    After the hot times of summer and the conventions, the movement seen in the final 2 months of the campaign are usually people 'returning' to the candidate they identify with, as well as slowly shaking off the anger or jealousy that 'their' candidate was not nominated. So my predicition is that if the Demo race goes all the way to the convention in June, there will be a lot of hard feelings and many claiming they will vote for a 3rd or independent cadidate, or not at all. In spite of that, opinion polls will indicate strong support for the Demo candidate to win the election... until the Republican convention, when it will turn in their favor for a few weeks. But in Sept. and Oct. the tendency to return will take place, many Demo-leaners will be 'over it' and enthused again, and the polls will indicate a close one. So then it will depend on who reallly had the most identification to begin with. Although it's far from a checkmate, I think that would be McCain.

2. dragonfly

dragonfly New Member

Good point. But, I think this election the democrat's are so concerned with not seeing another Bush or Bush look-a-like in the White House, they will unite behind whoever is the democratic nominee. Also, McCain's stance on the war will draw many independent voters to the democratic side of the aisle.

3. steaver

steaver Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Trust me I won't! And I agree 100% with you here. I rest in the comfort of knowing God knows just who He will have to be President in the next season, FOR HIS PURPOSES, not ours.

God Bless! :thumbs:

4. steaver

steaver Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Actually, McCains stance on the war and Obama's stance on the war (not pre-war but after it begun) was the same, "victory is a must", until Obama flip-floped (a democratic tradition) to get the far left zealots on his side.

Independants and swing voters will not go for Obama's cut and run plan for Iraq. And with this new revelation of Obama's racist fellowship the swing voters will abandon him, and are, like rats on a sinking ship.

God bless! :wavey:

5. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

What news have you been reading, I have seen nothing but positve reactions from his speach and the one on one session he did afterwards. If fact, it seems like some of the people who were torn between Clinton and Obama have moved his direction. She is going to have to show she has the same insite into America and it's problems or he will get the nomination.

6. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

Sorry, after more news reading I see I was wrong above...

7. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    If so, they'll be back by November 4. :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

#47 KenH, Mar 20, 2008
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2008
  8. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Also, the economy is liable to be in such a big mess by the fall that a Republican will have a hard getting elected dog catcher, much less president.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. J.Wayne

J.Wayne New Member

So we are in the same boat then?

10. Alcott

Alcott Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    A poll among registered Democrats in Pennsylvania: http://edisk.fandm.edu/FLI/keystone/pdf/keymar08_1.pdf

To the question, "If your preferred candidate does not win the Democratic nomination, who do you think you will vote for in November?"

Among Hillary Clinton supporters:
    53% Barack Obama
    19% John McCain
    5% other
    13% won't vote
    10% don't know

Among Barack Obama supporters:
    60% Hillary Clinton
    20% John McCain
    3% other
    3% won't vote
    14% don't know

Though this may not be nationally indicative, it can be seen as positive for McCain. While the Demos 'coming home' should still be a factor as the election gets closer, and those disgruntled that their candidate was not the nominee and many will eventually succomb to voting for the Demo candidate, you can't ignore 19 and 20 percent who say they will vote for McCain, even if half of those change their minds. This also indicates support for either Clinton or Obama may be currently wide, but 'shallow.'

11. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

Interesting... I wonder how many Republicans who didn't vote for McCain still won't vote for him and will either not vote or go with another candidate?

12. dragonfly

dragonfly New Member

What do you think?