1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Obama's Transition Chief: Bush's Executive Orders Under Review

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Enoch, Nov 9, 2008.

1. Enoch

Enoch New Member

http://elections.foxnews.com/2008/1...chief-bushs-executive-orders-review/comments/

So what executive authority does Obama deem worthy of changing ASAP? What other Presidents have followed this path? How far away is January 20th…?

2. Crabtownboy

Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I would think that any new president upon taking office would review all the previous executive orders. Seems only prudent to do so. Bush used the Executive Order for his own purposes and I see no reason not to believe Obama will do the same. I would if I were president and I expect everyone on the board would do the same.

3. Enoch

Enoch New Member

Really...what other Presidents have altered a prior Presidents Executive Orders and premeditated before inauguration? I question his audacious motives...and fear the unwanted changes he will bring to our country. “Everyone on the board” is a presumptuous implication. Are you an American Crabtownboy?

4. YOUTUBECANBESAVED

YOUTUBECANBESAVED New Member

Good! for Obama and his transition team

Good! for Obama and his transition team

Bush is trying to pull a fast one, with trying to do some last minute rape of the nation, good for Obama for playing hardball and keeping 'em honest.

65 million plus voted him in to do just that and reject Bush and what he has done, Amen!

#4 YOUTUBECANBESAVED, Nov 9, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 9, 2008
  5. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

And just what "fast one" is that? :rolleyes:

6. Enoch

Enoch New Member

Wow...harsh words for someone who should be joyful with your chosen elect. Your words are offensive for a Christian board. Please enlighten us to the last minute plan...

Yes, over 62 million people re-elected President Bush in 2004! :godisgood:

7. Crabtownboy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    He can not alter or change anything prior to Jan. 20th. But that does not mean that he and his team cannot start reviewing what has gone on before his start in office. He has no power to issue an executive order prior to taking office. But as I said, if I were elected president I certainly would have my 'team' start the review process prior to my formally taking office. This seems only prudent to me.

You ask about what presidents changed previous presidents executive orders. It would take some research. Below are just a few examples.

President Reagan used an Executive Order to bar the use of federal funds for advocating abortion. President Clinton reversed this order when he came into office.

G. Bush has amended a number of Executive Orders that were put in place during Clinton's term in office, possibly some before Clinton. I have not researched this deeply yet. You can find this easily by doing a google search on Bush Executive Orders.

My guess is that most presidents change prior administrations Executive Orders either by amending them or by reversing them.

I think it shows he is hitting the ground running. Clinton dawdled and had a terrible transition period. I am glad to see that Obama and his advisors are wasting no time.

Am I an American .... I guess so. My family, on both sides can be traced back to the 1600 in what is now the USA. One line back to 1630. I have had ancestors in every war this country has ever fought. I was in the Army. So, I suppose I qualify as an American.

Are you telling me that if you were elected president you would not review what had been done prior to your taking office to find out what you want to keep and what you want to change?

#7 Crabtownboy, Nov 9, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 9, 2008
  8. windcatcher

windcatcher New Member

I would strongly recommend that before any decide to make other stupid statements.... that a little education might help you keep feet off your menu.

GO HERE TO SEE ALL EXECUTIVE ORDERS BY PRESIDENT BUSH SINCE 2001 ....excepting those considered classified for security reasons. Please note..... that in screening through the first executive orders in the year 2001..... many were merely ammending extensions of dead line dates of previous orders. Remember President Bush did not have a 70 something preorientation date before assuming office and the Clinton Whitehouse staff were less than receptive and cooperative with the new administration.

http://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/executive_orders.php list all executive orders by year going back more than a century.

I would suggest that nothing is more unbecoming people of whatever creed or faith or morality than carelessly impuning the reputation of another with false allegations without evidence to support. Such is based in meanness and hate. Killing a persons reputation based on falsehood is the equivalent of murder. Once a person deceases or ceases from public position, all which remains is what he invested his life doing.... and it is equivalent to murder to falsely charge or support false charges against a person.

9. JustChristian

JustChristian New Member

Give me a break. A new president from the other party is going to take office with the incumbent having about a 25% approval rating. I would hope he would review the decisions of his predestine. Not to do so would be ridiculous.

10. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

Ppst... he said he campaigned saying he would reverse the Bush tax cuts. Why does this surprise you?

11. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

You preface all the large bold print with this statement?

Kind of hypocritical isn't it?

12. Enoch

Enoch New Member

Thanks for the bio, I was only curious because of this "Prague, Czech Republic". Thank you!

According to the National Archives your theory does not line up.

http://www.archives.gov/federal-register/executive-orders/disposition.html

13. Enoch

Enoch New Member

Is it possible for you to ever have an adult discussion where you do not blame President Bush for everything? Just curious. As for ratings how about the Democrat controlled congress?

14. Enoch

Enoch New Member

Ok. :thumbsup:

15. windcatcher

windcatcher New Member

Certainly not!

You should check your mirror before judging!

Certainly not like your post, when you take my post out of context which was a reply to a post which was quoted and was stupid and did make a unsubstantiated allegation against your current President.

16. JustChristian

JustChristian New Member

I was merely making the point that there are changes that must be made given the country's dire condition and the lack of support of the current President. Is that so hard to understand?

17. Crabtownboy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'm not sure what 'theories' you are taking about. The EO's I listed were from a web site and Bush did amend a number of Clinton EO's. I think this is normal for any president. Not sure I have time to research it further. It might make a very interesting term paper for someone.

The Prague, Czech Republic will change in January when I return home. I have come here each year from 2005 until now to work as a volunteer in the library of the International Baptist Theological Seminary (IBTS). I do not know if I will return. That is up to the Lorda and the seminary. There was a Ph.D. student here last week from Romania and he said they may need my spouse and I to help them with a collection of several thousand English theogical books in one of their seminary libraries. I would love to visit and work in Romania....I've never been there.

Here is a web site that lists ten of the Executive Orders by G. Bush that change EO's by previous presidents:

http://solarkismet.wordpress.com/2008/09/25/ten-bush-executive-orders-to-toss/

These ten are ones this web site believes should be changed by a new president. You may or may not agree with them. My point only is that presidents do issue EO's that change, in one way or another, the EO's of previous presidents. So it is not surprising that Obama will do the same.

#17 Crabtownboy, Nov 10, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 10, 2008
  18. dragonfly

dragonfly New Member

There is a vast difference. The people of the U.S. voted Obama into office with a huge majority of the votes. They also voted in vastly more democrats into the Congress than they did republicans. This shows that the Democratic Party is more desirable to the American people than are the republicans.

19. Mexdeaf

Mexdeaf New Member

I would say it means that most Americans are too dumb to do their own research on the candidates, the issues and the pros and cons of each and instead depend upon polls and mass media for their info. Excepting present company, of course.

20. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

I second this.