1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Obama's Traveling Salvation Show rolls in Iraq

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by righteousdude2, Jul 21, 2008.

1. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Is it me, or does BHO's recent trip overseas seem like that old fashioned traveling Salvation Show as it rolls through the camps, cities, and countries of the mid-East and Europe?

I can't help but see Obama sitting behind the horse drawn wagon as he pulls into city after city. He reminds me of the character in Neil Diamond's song [Brother Love's Traveling Salvation Show]. I can clearly see Obama riding into the towns and camps with tremendous hype, pomp and circumstance. People are whipped up into a political stupor of a frenzy, as they sway and swoon under the spell and charm of this man's feel good sermons. Sermons filled with tons of empty promises, and empty words of hope. Than, after the singing and shouting and preaching is over, Brother Obama goes back to his horse drawn wagon to count the offering and pour each plate into his ever expanding strong box.

Maybe BHO ought to adopt Neil Diamonds old song as his official theme song. You know the one, "Brother Love's Traveling Salvation Show". That would be all he needs to make his show look like the fake he is.

Like I said, it's probably just me that thinks and feels this way. Sorry BHO, I know you mean well, and I know you believe in your heart that you are the very best man to clean up the many mistakes Mr. Bush made over the last 8 years! In your mind, you believe that you are more supreme and qualified, and of course, you were handpicked and anointed by the DNC, and somehow, someway that makes you the perfect man to rid the world of its many ills. Very few would disagree with public opinion that you are a masterful man when it comes to the "traveling snake oil show" mentality, but, deep down, no one dares tell you that after you leave their city, hearts are still empty, and life's are unchanged. No one is brave enough to tell you that words and rhetoric alone, do not make you the man this nation needs.

In truth, neither candidate has what is needed to get this nation back on the right track, so maybe you have the right idea. Whip up the people, fill them with false hope, and once you get the job, you can leave that nasty old traveling salvation show wagon by the side of the road, just outside the city limit sign of D.C.

Hey, America. Get ready, Brother Obam's Traveling Salvation Show is coming to a city near you SOON!!!:laugh:

Pastor Paul:tear: