1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Obama's Trustworthy?

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by OldRegular, Nov 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

Obama's true character is revealed in the leaking of a deal supposedly reached with President Bush in their initial meeting.

2. canadyjd

canadyjd Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Or, it could mean some of his staff is inexperienced and undisciplined. Only time will tell.

peace to you:praying:

3. Bible-boy

Bible-boy Active Member

Silly...

Don't you know by now its all Bush's fault.:tonofbricks:

4. Crabtownboy

Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    What was/is the deal? What is your source?

5. Martin

Martin Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    ==If I recall the report I saw this morning, both sides are denying there was any deal. And if there was a deal please keep in mind that it takes two to deal. So if you are going to slam Obama for making a deal with Bush you must also slam Bush for making a deal with Obama.

6. Bible-boy

Bible-boy Active Member

He's not slamming anyone for making a deal. He is pointing out that the BHO camp apparently leaked the details of the deal when both sides had agreed to remain silent on the subject.

7. Crabtownboy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So give me a link so I can see what is the deal or supposed deal.

Is this just another disinformation rumor from the right wing?

8. Bible-boy

Bible-boy Active Member

Martin just said he heard about this story on the morning news. Try a google search on "Obama/Bush deal exposed."

9. Crabtownboy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I did ... but I will try again.

Looked again and found nothing but month old stuff about Obama talking to the the president of Iraq at the same time that Bush was ... but I see nothing sensational about that.

10. Bible-boy

Bible-boy Active Member

11. Crabtownboy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  12. Bible-boy

Bible-boy Active Member

I don't know that the link I gave you is about what the OP is about. I just noticed that the Huffington Post article mentioned that the Bush Administration was upset with the Obama camp for leaking something.

13. Martin

Martin Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    ==Both sides are denying any deal.

"There was no "wheeling or dealing" between Obama and Bush during their private Oval Office meeting Monday, the Obama aide said -- the president and the president-elect each listed his top priorities, but did not attempt to reach any agreements." LINK

14. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

With all of the President elect's flaws do we really need to make any more up?

15. Martin

Martin Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    ==I believe it is 100% shameful the way some conservatives, many of whom are Christians, have behaved since last Tuesday. From Rush Limbaugh claiming that the current economic down turn is an "Obama recession" to others calling Obama a marxist. Shame on us! Since when do we act like liberal democrats!?!? We should be critical of Obama when he does something that we should be critical of (and I assure you there will be plenty of those times). We should NOT set out to malign him or to make him public enemy number one (like we did with Clinton).

I did not vote for Obama, and I never would vote for him. However he will be the President of my country come January 20, 2009. Therefore I will respect him and the position he holds. I will not malign him nor will I be dishonest in my criticism of him. When he makes a wrong decision I will be loud and clear in my disagreement. I know that I have very serious problems with many of Obama's positions. However I will still pray for him and pray that he is able to do something to help the current situation in our country. The problems are bigger than one man, thus he can't solve them, but I pray that God gives him and our other leaders the wisdom they need to do what must be done. Thousands of people are losing their jobs, schools are having to cut faculty and staff, and people are losing their retirement which they worked hard to earn. So while we should never malign our leaders, we certainly should not malign our leadership in these days of difficulty.

Titus 3:1-3, 1Timothy 2:1-6, Romans 13:1-7

16. Bible-boy

Bible-boy Active Member

Now if Bush/Obama discussed a deal and agreed to keep it solely between their two camps would you not expect them to deny any such deal in the first place. They do this stuff in such a way that both sides have "plausible deniability" yet their plans can go forward (as in what we would call a deal). So if you were the side who leaked we should expect you to deny that a deal was struck in the first place.

There is nothing wrong with pointing out Obama's relationships with Marxist people who influenced his thinking. There is nothing wrong with pointing out the Soicailst aspects of Obama's aganda.

17. Crabtownboy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Where is anything shown in this OP or thread that indicates anything about Obama's political leaning?

18. OldRegular

Sorry! Guess I haven't been fully brainwashed, err informed, yet!:tonofbricks:

19. OldRegular

Haven't you realized it yet I have an inside track with the man!:tonofbricks:

20. Bible-boy

Bible-boy Active Member

Follow the discussion. Martin said it was wrong to malign Obama by calling him a Marxist (as has been done in other threads and in the conservative media outlets). I responded.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.