1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Occupy Oakland turns Violent!!! Is This the Start of Riots Elsewhere?

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by righteousdude2, Oct 26, 2011.

1. mandym

mandym New Member

I have not seen one Catholic doctrinal teaching. This is nothing more than hyperbole.

2. J.D.

J.D. Active Member
    Site Supporter

The automatic budget reductions start in January. That could be when the rioting begins in earnest.

3. glfredrick

glfredrick New Member

The occupy protests are being funded and led by ACORN workers (ex ACORN workers).

4. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Interesting Point.... Can You...

....prove this? I'm sure a lot of us would like to see something to support this view. I have heard, that these individuals are Obama supporters, and on today's talk radio show, the hosts were at Occupy LA, and the individuals they interviewed, certainly mirrored Obama's view on America, and individual entitlements, the need to stop deporting illegals, the dream act, Obamacare, etc. It sounded like his campaign sound bites, just four years later, and with a defiant, angry tone behind it.

5. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Let's Hope Your Take is Right....

.....It is my hope, that you are correct. But also my fear, that if you are wrong this movement is either the tip of a much larger iceberg, or a radical probe to see if America is ripe for a violent uprising, and a government overthrow.

Not that I agree with these folks. And not that I would agree with an overthrow of this government. However, you would probably agree that this government, like quite a few others in the West, is very corrupt, and under the control of big business and money. :BangHead:

Most politicians are bought and paid for before they get to DC. And this corruption is what all Americans are not only seeing, but beginning to react to in a negative way.

The fact that we can't change the way they continue to do business in DC through voting out the corrupt ones, and putting in new ones (who seem to be on the fast track to being corrupted quite easily) no longer seems to matter. The way DC conducts itself just grows more corrupt and greedy. :tear:

Americans are growing more frustrated with each passing election day! :tear:

Shalom,

Pastor Paul :type:

6. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  7. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Sensationalism?

Why the use of that word?

Is it meant to minimize the fact that we have riots which are motivated by a financial-political cause in the streets of America requiring the use of tear gas and a police force to quell?

Incredulous, incredible, astonishing and unbelievable are better words IMO.

HankD