1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Occupy THIS!

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by righteousdude2, Nov 10, 2011.

?
  1. If it is going to be fair and accross the board, Yes...

3 vote(s)
    75.0%
  2. No, Hollywood is not like the Wall Street thiefs.

1 vote(s)
    25.0%
  3. There are differeences (see comments) between movie stars, studios and Wall Street

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Capitalists include anyone who makes a living that results in millions of dollars.

2 vote(s)
    50.0%
  5. Hollywood folks are not capitalists

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. See my opinion and comments

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    If those who are participating in this worldwide "Occupy" movement were sincere about their cause, they'd not be accepting support from those millionaires in the motion picture industry.

If this movement is going to be honest, they can't divide millionaires into two groups.

Movie stars, and movie studios are as capitalistic as those on wall street, in fact, if it were not for the bankers and the wall street folks, most movies would never get off the ground, because it takes investments from the rich in order to produce television and movie projects! :applause:

#1 righteousdude2, Nov 10, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 10, 2011
  2. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

It is funny how the Hollywood millionaires get a free ride on these things. I think people really believe these folks are the roles they portray.

3. Mexdeaf

Mexdeaf New Member

The Occupy people live in fantasyland in their minds, therefore, they relate to the Hollywood types most easily.

4. targus

targus New Member

Funny you should say this.

I have been thinking that what is needed is a grassroots movement called Occupy Reality where we demand that the government stops spending money that we don't have.

5. Eric B

Eric B Active Member
    Site Supporter

When I looked at the seeming economic imbalance, I always did include the entertainment and sports industries, as perhaps the most glaring example. I assumed conservatives were the ones who ignored that, believing that "the market" justified that like everything else.
    But then, in the past few years, I did see conservatives begin criticizing liberals for ignoring entertainers.

But it is true that the same "market" argument that supports the corporate industry would also justify sports and entertainment largesse. (After all, the that industry is private big business like all the others). People are willing to spend the money for it (and place blame elsewhere when their pocketbook is empty), and they then realize their own worth and demand more and more. (Including when the owners raise their income).