1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Oct 23rd All Day Evangelism

Discussion in 'Evangelism, Missions & Witnessing' started by TheBibleSender, Oct 7, 2004.

1. TheBibleSender

TheBibleSender New Member

Please be in prayer for this event. God bless.

It has been suggested that October 23rd, this year, be a day set aside by
    Christians as a day to go out street preaching, witnessing, inviting to church,
    tracting, or whatever else you can think of.

October 23rd is a Saturday, so for the majority of us work shouldn't be a
    problem. Please mark this on your calendars, and get out and make a difference
    for Christ.

Revival is _not_ going to happen via Christian music, Christian entertainment,
    or seeker friendly services. True revival will only happen once Christians
    realize that Christ gave us a very simple formula for revival... Go ye
    therefore, discipling and baptizing the nations.

Make your mark on this world by setting your hearts on the eternal, on the
    Gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ.

More info: http://www.beckman-ministries.com/viewtopic.php?t=1862

2. Servent

Servent Member

I believe in witnessing very much, but it should be an every day thing and not just a once a year thing. Also go to the website above and click on Free Minister ordination and check out what they believe it may scare you.

3. TheBibleSender

Yes I agree it should not be a one year thing But this is a chance to encourage others to get out and do something. This is intended as an all day witness. Also The Free Minister Ordination is just an advertisment on that site which the admin can do nothing about. God bless. [​IMG]

4. pastorjeff

pastorjeff New Member

I am a firm believer in going forth and making disciples, and I also believe this would be a good thing to do. The only problem I have is that people are both trying to plan revival, and trying for revival in the lost. Evangalism is a nature result of revival, but it is not revival. Revival takes place in the hearts of the saved when they come face to face with who they are and who God wants them to be. Revival is to "live again". The lost have never lived a first time, let alone again. But I do believe that it should be a priority for all believers to preach and teach the gosple. I will set that day aside to partisipate in a wonderful day of witnessing.

5. HappyG

HappyG New Member

This idea had to be thought of by a preacher who doesn't work along side unsaved people all day.

Think about...the majority of Christians live and work all day besides "unchurched people." Why do you need to go out on the streets to talk with people.

I have a better idea. Every day live out your faith in the work place and every once in awhile open your mouth and explain why you are different. You will have more conversations about God than you know how to handle.

6. HappyG

HappyG New Member

This idea had to be thought of by a preacher who doesn't work along side unsaved people all day.

Think about...the majority of Christians live and work all day besides "unchurched people." Why do you need to go out on the streets to talk with people.

I have a better idea. Every day live out your faith in the work place and every once in awhile open your mouth and explain why you are different. You will have more conversations about God than you know how to handle.

7. TheBibleSender

This idea was thought up by a person who wanted others to do more. If you want to criticize be my guest. I witness at work and not at work but I will stuill be taking part in this all day Evangelsim effort. God bless. [​IMG]