1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Of celebrities, the media, and Christians

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by NaasPreacher (C4K), Oct 5, 2007.

1. just-want-peace

just-want-peace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Chalk up "sigh" #4!!

It's very hard to have sympathy when the sinner makes damning choices intentionally. It's NOT hard to have sympathy when you realize that "there but for the grace of God go I."

I have no doubts that satan is going to do his utmost to make you think that these choices are nothing more than a an "in-you-face" rejection of your standards. This way you can despise the other party with no guilt.

However, we must remember that those not redeemed are not capable of making the right choices if they have yielded control of their life (not necessarily consciously or intentionally), to satan. remember, we are fighting a spiritual war, so the visible enemy ain't truly the "ENEMY".

satan sure does not want you to be aware of that though. As long as he can keep you focused on the object that is visible, you won't be fighting him in the spiritual realm.

So what about Brittany? I don't know her spiritual state re: salvation, although it looks questionable, but I simply DO NOT KNOW! God does!!!!!

One thing I do know; if she has been born again, she is one miserable little chickadee regardless of the front she displays to the public. I'm certain, judging from her actions, that she is miserable anyway, but not like she would be, in this situation, IF really a Christian.

I have a minor feel in this case as I was saved ~10 yrs old, but never truly committed to Christ until ~ 40.

I was too good to enjoy sinning, but too bad to enjoy being Christian, and I was miserable. I can only imagine how I would have felt had I gone to the extremes this poor soul has.

All this is to say, if you respond to her as you can envision Jesus would, were He here right now, to this poor girl, then you can be satisfied with your response.

If you choose to condemn her, just remember what Christ did for you!

Mercy, grace, and sympathy depend on you, not the object; thank God for that!

2. Baptist Believer

Baptist Believer Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I agree. Her sin is not only destroying herself, but it is hurting others... especially her children.

That's at least a frozen snowball if not a rock. :) However, I fully understand the sentiment. I have family members who had cheated their children out of a stable home life for much of their childhood through their drug abuse and legal problems (including a prison sentence for one of them). It's hard to forgive that and maintain decent relationships.

But whenever we move from a redemptive attitude to an attitude of contempt, we are in danger of violating the commandments against judging unrighteously.

3. Baptist Believer

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I haven't read where ANYONE wanted to "overlook sin" in this thread. What I and others advocate is a redemptive attitude which involves confronting sin (not in condemnation, sin we are all prone to it) and helping others out of it through the practical means of the gospel of Christ. The only way anyone overcomes besetting sin is through discipleship in the way of Jesus.

4. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

Amen and amen.

5. NaasPreacher (C4K)

There is no excuse for her sin - or mine, or anyone else here. The key is apart from Christ we are all in the same boat.

6. Baptist Believer

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    That's a fantastic point that bears repeating!

I've fallen for that lie so many times it is shameful.

7. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I don't waste my time or energy fretting over the celebrity cesspool. Of those that I have no personal contact with that I'm commanded to remember in prayer are Christian Missionaries, Kings and all those in authority, and Christians who are suffering persecution around the world.

8. mcdirector

mcdirector Active Member

I do not like or condone what she has decided to do.

I made the poorest choices at one point in my life and they were dispicable sin.

I don't know that anyone was praying for me when I was so far gone that I felt there was no return. Just because someone has family, doesn't mean that family is righteous. Sometimes family is just embarrassed by the actions of the individual and they need help just as much as the one out in front.

Whether anyone was praying for me or not, in desperation I turned to Him. But I was completely alone at that point. Brittany has people feeding her and off her. I have wondered how desperate she feels whether she has shown it or not. I was a master at not showing how I felt. I still am. Just because she looks like she doesn't care, we just don't know.

9. Janet1983

Janet1983 New Member

I didn't even know about these events... Guess I should have a look at things from time to time... Maybe turn on TV... possible that they say sth on AFN...

10. mcdirector

mcdirector Active Member

fretting isn't a thing of worth.

Prayer over that cesspool is, however. What a joy it would be if one of those despicable beings came to know the Saviour and told one or two others. Or started a church. It happens you know, not often, but they are not beyond redemption.

11. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I think that would be covered under Christian missionaries, but our efforts are better focused on the poor, the broken hearted and the captives. Christ said that a rich man will hardly enter.

12. mcdirector

mcdirector Active Member

I think that the poor are going to be on my list, but when I hear these other folks named, I'm gonna stop and lift them up.

It may be futile, but it's become habit.

13. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    That's fine. Christ may have a lost sheep or two among them. By and large however, celebrities are properly at the bottom of our list. Now, if Spears is broken and contrite by reason of these events, by all means, pray that she look to Christ. God does not despise a broken spirit and a contrite heart.

#53 Aaron, Oct 5, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 5, 2007
  14. NaasPreacher (C4K)

But with God all things are possible.

15. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

Did I read this correctly? You think Christ may have lost a sheep or two?

:confused:

16. pinoybaptist

pinoybaptist Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The Bible tells us to pray for all men, those in authority, as well as those who are not in authority, and also those who are "celebrities". so by all means, we should include the likes of Britney Spears in our prayers.

I wouldn't worry about not having a realistic chance of sharing the gospel with her, though, because, as you said in your last post in this thread: With God, nothing is impossible.

17. charles_creech78

charles_creech78 New Member

You can look at her and see she needs Jesus. I hope she can find him. I will pray for her. If she would only stop thinking about what the people think of her and start to think what God thinks of her she might be able to find him. We have done alot that we cannot take back. The things that we have done we cannot ever change. But thanks be to the Lord he is very forgiven to all of us. But we must turn for his help because it will not be there long. I think another reason she looks the way she looks is because the Lord is talking to her. I believe God does this to all of us. It is up to us to take notice to his voice. I believe that God can save her soul. How God can show his glory and power by taking a sinner and turn them around to give him the glory. I think it will be a good thing if we can find a web to her and all of us send a letter to her. Tell her about Jesus and what he has done for us.

18. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

The sick need a Dr. If celebrities don't know Christ, they are terminal. Ms. Spears is both.

19. donnA

donnA Active Member

do you still live that life style? she does and likes it that way
    her current lifestyle
    did i say write her off?

20. donnA

donnA Active Member

I will not feel sorry for someone because of the evils they choose to enact on themselves, it's her choice, she made it. Not all unbeleivers live like her, she chose to live like she does.