1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Of "Chimps" and Men

Discussion in '2006 Archive' started by blackbird, May 17, 2006.

1. NiteShift

NiteShift New Member

Not so long ago, most Christians in the US believed, as Robertson does, that God spoke to them personally and that events were influenced by their prayers. Why Fox News, or anybody else for that matter, makes a major issue over it is a little mystifying to me. I think basically many people just consider such things as uncool , even by Christians who smirk that Robertson is off his meds .

As to Hillary wearing a headband, I don't even remember that bit of news, so your guess is as good as mine (they need some more emoticons here. I need one with shrugging shoulders).

2. Daisy

Daisy New Member

But did they hear voices?

Um, perhaps uncool and a classic symtom of psychosis. If you've known someone who has hallucinated badly, you'd know what that is. It's scary, but meds to seem to help.

Yeah, I'm afraid it will be totally forgotten before I ever get an explanation. :(

The shruggie would be useful. I'm glad, though, that we don't have the pukie as it would probably be way overused. [​IMG]

3. NiteShift

NiteShift New Member

Yes I know someone well who is schizophrenic, and am familiar with that. But people often say they have heard God's voice and usually they mean that he spoke to them through the spirit. If that indicates psychosis, then all the Old Testament prophets and the New Testament apostles were psychotic. Besides, I don't think anyone believes Robertson is psychotic, it's just a cheap insult that is handy to use.

4. Pete

Pete New Member