1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Of Interest W/H

Discussion in '2004 Archive' started by Precepts, Feb 21, 2004.

1. Precepts

Precepts New Member

2. rsr

rsr <b> 7,000 posts club</b>

Faith:
    Baptist
  3. Askjo

Askjo New Member

4. BrianT

BrianT New Member

The first website listed in this thread is the usual misrepresentative, poorly researched, often repeated malarky that is common amongst those who are simply parroting Waite and Riplinger. It is a grain of truth dressed up in a heft dose of "guilty by association" and another ten pounds of manure. In fact, the link near the bottom of the page, "The Necromancers" is basically Appendix A of Riplinger's highly refuteable book in website form.

For the while, I have been slowly preparing a full rebuttal to that site, for inclusion in my own website. I have even shared a few bits of information with that website's owner, showing where there is false information on his pages - and the false, easily verifiable information is still there over a month later.

What amazes me is how many people write articles like that and make websites like that, but when I ask them "How many books of Westcott and/or Hort's have you read for yourself? How much of this information have you personally verified?" the answer is invariably, "None."

It makes me wonder if 1 Thess 5:21 in their Bible says "Prove all things....unless you're commenting on Westcott and Hort, in which case feel free to simply repeat any slander and misrepresentation you come across."

5. BrianT

BrianT New Member

Small correction: "The Necromancers" is from chapter 30, although Appendix A is also about Westcott and Hort.