1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Offended Parent

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by HAMel, Mar 19, 2011.

1. HAMel

HAMel Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    'Offended' parent can't remove classroom cross, court decides

A new international court ruling has found that a parent who was "offended" by a schoolroom display of a cross cannot demand that it be removed, a decision U.S. attorneys say will remove one possible reason for activist judges to attack symbols of Christianity in the United States.

The ruling from the European Court of Human Rights concerned a complaint raised by Soile Lautsi on behalf of herself and her two children who opposed the presence of a crucifix in school classrooms in the predominantly Catholic nation of Italy.

Huh?

Two things here. One, good for the court. Someone gets offended over a cross displayed on the wall just needs to get over it. Number two, an International Court ruling to impact on activist judges here in America??? Give me a break...!!!

This smells of New World Odor to me. European Court decisions impacting here in America. Prophecy is coming to pass and fulfilling almost every day.

http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=276725

2. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    A Catholic crucifix has a graven image attached to it, this might be the cause of the offense.

But ya, more and more our government is using the european model in all things governmental.

Big Brother cometh.

HankD

3. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    To some, a cross may even be considered a graven image.

but I dont have a problem with the decision.
    I was just wondering if the offended parent was a Muslim?

4. pinoybaptist

pinoybaptist Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    nah, most likely an atheist. just guessing.