1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Officers ignore Commissioner Bratton's plea and turn their backs AGAIN on de Blasio

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Zaac, Jan 4, 2015.

1. Rolfe

Rolfe Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You are absolutely right. My post was reactionary. My apologies.

2. Rolfe

Rolfe Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It is precisely about the families: the two who were murdered and their families and the officers who wish to remain alive and those who wait for them to come home at the end of the day.

Have the families of the deceased complained?

3. church mouse guy

church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    De Blasio will never apologize.

4. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Like the recently passed father of Westboro Zaac only wants attention and to draw emotional responses from you guys. Further, like westboro it is best to give him and them as little attention as possible.

5. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

I don't think so. But I don't think they have complained about the protestors either.

Turning their backs on de Blasio had nothing to do with the families. That was all about politics and the police officers getting their feelings hurt.

You don't take away from the focus on the families and place it on yourself and your grievance if it's about the families.

They were acting just like the folks from Westboro. They just happened to be in dress blues. There is no difference in their selfishness and that displayed by the Westboro protestors.

6. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

And YOU can start by keeping my name off your fingertips.:thumbs:

7. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

He doesn't need to. His reality is his reality. And all the members of the NYPD saying otherwise wouldn't bring back his dead son if he were killed.

He had the talk that any parent with a son who looks black should be having.

Just like parents attempt to protect their kids by telling them not to talk to strangers or to not get into a car with someone they don't know, he had a talk with his son about the police.

Get over it.

The only apology due, if any, is one from the police officers to the Ramos and Liu families for their extremely selfish acts during the funerals of Officers Ramos and Liu.

8. blessedwife318

blessedwife318 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No he had the talk that any parent should have with their Children Period. There is not reason to bring Race into that statement. I got that talk, my kids with get that talk. It has nothing to do with the color of skin but everything to do with recognizing that Cops have dangrous jobs, and deal with the worst of society on a daily basis and doing what you can to destress them when you are dealing with them by treating them with respect.

9. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Exactly. Good post. :applause:

Resisting arrest can lead to jail at the least and serious injury or death at the worst. All young people need to be informed of this fact.

10. ShagNappy

ShagNappy Member

NYPD v. Bill de Blasio: Why New York’s mayor, police are at odds

Do people honestly believe it's only about de Blasio talking to his son about cops? Are you people paying attention?

http://blogs.reuters.com/great-deba...lasio-why-new-yorks-mayor-police-are-at-odds/

11. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No. And yes.

You need to direct your comments to our resident race baiter, Zaac. He desperately wants it to be about something else.

12. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Again, yall can get all politically correct all you want to. But we can't tell black people or people with black kids what their reality is and that they can't bring race into the conversation. Whether or not people in these United States of America want to admit it, black people have a different experience historically and presently with cops than do white people.

Straight foolishness. I don't know how many times I've heard that same thing out of white people lately. The average white person isn't having the talk that black parents or parents with black kids have to have with their children because we don't have to.

No all these white people are coming out the woodwork's talking about they had that talk with their kids too. I call flagrant foul in an attempt to devalue the experience of those who are black and those who have kids who are black or look black.

What you've just done is try to take skin color out of the equation when skin color is very much a part of the equation according to documented police behavior.

13. blessedwife318

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Gee Silly Me, I though we were suppose to be color blind, you know not judging people on the color of their skin (which should go in both directions) but on the conduct of their character.

Bringing race into every conversation is the antithesis of MLK dream.

Having a conversation with your children about respecting Cops when you interact with them is common sense.

you keep saying that but I have yet to see you post any kind of source or proof of that statement.

#53 blessedwife318, Jan 6, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 6, 2015
  14. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

If being judged on character and not color wasn't still a dream, we wouldn't be having this conversation.
    We have that talk because these kids are more likely to be judged as suspects or stopped unnecessarily. It takes preparation and self- control to remain calm and take whatever is dished out while remaining calm and polite, because it is a painful, hurtful, frightening and humiliating experience. If you've ever sat with shaking teenagers and helped them through the aftershock of this, it would break your heart and make you angry.
    It would be poor parenting to not teach kids how to handle life. It is what it is. And I don't believe in being colorblind, to where you don't notice race. The differences are, and should be, seen and viewed as beautiful. Every race came from the Creator and is not something to overcome or work to accept.

15. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

That is silly. I don't know who has convinced us that color is not a factor in the way that people treat others.

But you still have to SEE them to not judge them on the color of their skin. We should not confuse treating others as we would want to be treated with not seeing something that is a part of who they are.

It's nothing to be ashamed of to acknowledge that we see skin color. But the skin color shouldn't be used to ascribe certain traits to all people of that skin color just because of that skin color.

MLK Jr isn't the end all to conversations on race. He did a wonderful thing in moving people toward treating each other in a manner consistent with God's word. But that doesn't mean we shouldn't see or acknowledge someone's skin color any more than it means that we shouldn't acknowledge that the Ethiopian eunuch's skin was probably black or that Simon the Cyrene's skin was probably black.

It's not an issue of common sense. The average white person has not had the talk that black parents have had to have because there hasn't been a need to. It just is what it is.

White parents aren't having to tell their white sons Don't wear a hoodie or Don't try to break up a fight or Don't talk back to cops or Don't ask for help or Keep your hands at 10 and 2 and don't reach for anything even if they ask you to. Or simply Don't give them an excuse to kill you.

Then look it up yourself if it matters to you to know the truth. What you're displaying is a willful ignorance of what you don't want to be the truth.

If we have to acknowledge that skin color really does make a difference when dealing with cops, then we have to acknowledge that there really might be some privilege in not having black skin. And then that just opens up a whole can of worms that the average person in the United States doesn't want to acknowledge or deal .

#55 Zaac, Jan 6, 2015
  16. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

AMEN and AMEN and AMEN!:applause:

17. blessedwife318

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Don't talk back to Cops -- Check
    Keep hands at 10 and 2 -- Check
    Don't give them a reason to kill you -- Check

basically those are common sense things that all parents should tell their kids.

18. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Perhaps. But I guarantee that the majority of white parents aren't having this conversation with their kids because their kids aren't the ones being pulled over and frisked or arrested or shot dead at alarming rates.

19. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    More tinder for the bon fire out back!

20. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well, that is your believe and right. Others of us do believe in allowing our love for God to cover the color of ones skin and just see each other as His creation made in His Image!

Did Jesus notice the color of skin while He was on earth? I don't believe He did, so if we are truly moving toward being more like Him and less like the old man of the flesh we came from, would colorblindness not be a by-product of our sanctification?

#60 righteousdude2, Jan 6, 2015