1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Officials: NSA mistakenly intercepted emails, phone calls of innocent Americans

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Revmitchell, Jun 8, 2013.

1. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The National Security Agency has at times mistakenly intercepted the private email messages and phone calls of Americans who had no link to terrorism, requiring Justice Department officials to report the errors to a secret national security court and destroy the data, according to two former U.S. intelligence officials.

At least some of the phone calls and emails were pulled from among the hundreds of millions stored by telecommunications companies as part of an NSA surveillance program. James Clapper, the director of national intelligence, Thursday night publicly acknowledged what he called “a sensitive intelligence collection program” after its existence was disclosed by the Guardian newspaper.

http://openchannel.nbcnews.com/_new...pted-emails-phone-calls-of-innocent-americans

2. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Gee whiz these people are so inept we should give them more money, power and control. Maybe they'll do better next time.:rolleyes:

3. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

Oopsie. Honest mistake. I know that if I'm checking on my kids because they have done something to break trust, I often end up unwittingly checking on other people's children before realizing my mistake.

Oh wait, I don't, and if I did, that would be called stalking, not a mistake, and I'd probably end up with criminal charges.

And I'm not even trained to not make that mistake, neither am I paid for it as a job. I'm just a mom. Maybe regular citizens, ya know, moms and dads and people who did ditches and flip burgers and do accounting or construction should be the ones in charge of this country. Just who IS up there, and where did they come from? They sure aren't very bright. It's like they got put there because someone put in a good word or they came from the right family, not because they are actually capable.

Then again, nobody really wants that. ROFL Look what everyone did to Palin. The average citizen WANTS someone who looks and sounds like they walked out of a movie. They MUST be smart if you can't understand them. What would an typical citizen know about typical citizens? Silly me...