1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Oh, boy, here's one:

Discussion in '2003 Archive' started by LadyEagle, Dec 20, 2003.

1. Pastor_Bob

Pastor_Bob Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    WHAT!!!!

Surely you jest, albeit, it isn't funny.

</font>[/QUOTE]This philosophy is not at all uncommon. There are many who believe that Michael, whose name means "he who is like God," may be Christ Himself. Others believe that he symbolizes Christ.

To the original question, the Holy Spirit does indeed depart with the saints of God at the Rapture of the Church. The comforter which indwells each believer goes with each believer as they are taken away. His omnipresence isn't really the point. Of course He is everywhere because He is God. I believe His post-rapture ministry will be much like it was in OT days. He will come upon people and then leave again.

2. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Since the gospel message and the work of the Holy Spirit is paramount to salvation taking place ever since the sacrificial death of Jesus Christ, dispensationalists sound like they are saying that the work of the Holy Spirit is going back to a pre-New Testament gospel modus operandus. Wouldn't that be going backwards to pre-New Testament gospel days, back to the situation that existed before the sacrificial death of Jesus Christ? Again, we can see where dispensationalism makes no Biblical theological sense.

3. Daniel David

Daniel David New Member

KenH, you need to distinguish between classic dispensationalism, of which I believe Pastor Bob believes, and New Covenant dispensationalism, or even progressive dispensationalism.

There isn't any reason to believe the Holy Spirit will indwell believers during the tribulation in the same way that he does now, if at all. On this point, I agree with Bob.

I still believe the restrainer is Michael though.

4. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    My point still stands. That is still going backwards to pre-cross days. Your are talking like there is a period of time coming when it will just as if Jesus Christ had never paid for the all of mankind's sins. And that can never be.

5. Daniel David

Daniel David New Member

No, I am talking about the church being a particular entity that is separate from believers of all other ages. I know you reject that, but I embrace Scripture.

6. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    You apparently think that because I disagree with you, I do not embrace Scripture. That's rather arrogant of you. But I guess since you can't defend your position you can only resort to casting aspersions. :rolleyes:

7. Daniel David

Daniel David New Member

No chance it was sarcasm, Ken. :rolleyes:

8. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yeah, right. :rolleyes: