1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Oh Brothers/Sinsters In Christ Pray For Me

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by jerrym, Jun 27, 2007.

1. jerrym

jerrym New Member

My first post in the community so here goes.

Hello,

My name is Jerry, a 40 year old male with 3 children and a firm believer in Gods word and the teachings of the Bible. I've been a born again Christian since age 16 yet until now I ran from Gods calling.

Around the age of 25 God called me to preach and at that point I worked toward my Theology degree. During that time I spent a great deal of energy spreading Gods word in many forms, from preaching at revivals in different churches to individual Christian counseling, prison ministry, visiting hospitals and nursing homes along with other things. Then after about 2 years I just stopped!

Yes, basically I ran from Gods calling and it has haunted me ever since. God never turns loose once you are called and now many years later I have found Gods true calling and his purpose for my life.

After much prayer and thought about the idea of a Biblical Wiki I decide on June 21, 2007 to begin the pre-launch of WikiGodsWord.org. It has now been put into action and its development is underway. Like any other wiki it will be "open for edit and creation" to anyone that chooses to participate, thus meaning anyone in the world can come in and edit a topic or create pages within once the site is open to the public.

The Purpose: WikiGodsWord.Orgs primary purpose is to create the largest understanding of Gods word available on the www. We want to allow all points of view and faith to be recognized as we build though the teachings of the bible, its history and how it is understood by everyone.Everyone does not believe the same! I know this, you know this and most importantly God knows this. Through the WikiGodsWord.Org wiki project we believe it will come together as God wants it and we will let him (God) take care of any teachings or beliefs that may be defined as "false doctrine" nor will we allow such either.

Working together in a giant collaborative effort with all men, women and children around the globe WikiGodsWord.Org will allow everyone to work together, including churches and faiths of all kinds along with all various personal theological beliefs. We have faith that this project is indeed inspired by God and he will provide the path we must follow.

Our Purpose Is Not: We want to tell you up front right now that WikiGodsWord.Orgs purpose is not in anyway an idea to add to, take away, or change the actual word of God. The word of God is divine and holy and the bible specifically tells us that no one is to make changes to it or add to it. Now understanding this principle all parts of this wiki must be based on biblical content and its scripture. With that being said all beliefs can be represented and participate as long as persons base it on the holy scripture itself.

I need your help and your prayers.
    If you would like to help us in our pre-launch beta stage and have a basic understanding of how wikis work then please visit the site read what we need and email me from the web address provided for more information.

PS even though I just added a message board there for users to ask questions about the project I ask that you respond to me here too so I can become a part of this Christian community. I will keep my eyes open for your replies and do everything I can to reply back.

http://www.wikigodsword.org

God Bless :godisgood:

Jerry

2. jerrym

jerrym New Member

Oh Brothers/Sinsters In Christ Pray For Me
    What is a Sinsters?

oops lol I cant edit the title sorry it was suppose to say sisters :tear:

3. Filmproducer

Filmproducer Guest

Praying for you. I'll be sure to check out your site when I have some more time.

Oh, and welcome to the BB! :wavey:

4. jerrym

jerrym New Member

Thank you very much Filmproducer. Prayers are much needed at the moment.
    Ummm forget that, prayers are needed all the time...

5. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

You should have an edit feature in the bottom right corner, no? This sinister brother will pray for you anyway... ;)

Welcome to the BB, btw :thumbs:

6. jerrym

jerrym New Member

Yes I have that but it will only allow me to edit my post but not the title. To late now but thats ok.

7. jerrym

jerrym New Member

Well we are far enough along now and have done a ton of testing and don't seem to have any problems so far.

The actual wiki is now open and ready for people to start adding pages. :type:

Thanks all of you.

Jerry
    http://www.WikiGodsWord.Org