1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Oh my goodness...

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Alive in Christ, Jan 22, 2011.

1. Alive in Christ

Alive in Christ New Member

#1 Alive in Christ, Jan 22, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 22, 2011
  2. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

So sad. My prayers are with that family.

3. exscentric

exscentric Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    A wife was in a funeral/memorial procession for a fellow worker and passed a fatal accident (they had covered the car) her husband.

Strange things do happen.

4. Winman

Winman Active Member

About 25 years ago when I lived in Jacksonville, Fla. they had a terrible accident. A young couple got married. The bride and her father rode in a separate vehicle from her new husband. At the reception hall the driver of their limousine turned left into traffic. The car was struck on the right passenger door and the new bride was killed.

5. mets65

mets65 New Member

That's terrible.

But the bride riding seperate from the groom on her wedding day? That's a marraige not starting out quite right. Some poeple don't understand the whole leave your parents and cleave to your spouse thing.

6. Winman

Winman Active Member

Well, it was a long time ago, but I seem to remember she had a reason for going in a separate vehicle.

On a lighter note, years ago I sold cars for awhile. The other sales people told me that the year before a lady had bought a brand new car, but as she was leaving the lot pulled into oncoming traffic and a truck smashed into her. :(

7. padredurand

padredurand Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I was in the conducting a funeral a few years ago and as we were getting ready to leave the funeral home the director asked to speak with me. The wife of the feller I was burying died sometime during the service for her husband. We were all back at the home two days later.