1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

OH-WV HS sports

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by robycop3, Mar 8, 2005.

1. robycop3

robycop3 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Our local HS basketball team, the Chesapeake(Ohio) Panthers, has made it into the Div.III(out of 4 divisions) regional finals. That means they're one of the final 16 teams in their division in all Ohio!

They've been this far before, but haven't won it. Their opponent Thursday will be the Ironton Fighting Tigers, the only team to beat Peake this year. However, the teams are a hoss & a hoss, and luck will determine the winner...whose shots fall, who gets the most "breaks", etc.

Awaiting the winner is most likely a date with Cincinnati North College Hill, which has teen sensation O.J. Mayo, called "the next Le Bron James" by some, as well as another HS superstar, Bill Walker, and some seven-footer.

Brother Charles Meadows lives nearby, in Milton, WV, & his local HS team, the Cabell-Midland Knights, was hammered by Chesapeake in a tourney held in Huntington, WV.

I told Mr. Meadows I'd start this thread here, but I also invite any other reader who knows about Southeast Ohio-Western WV HS sports to post here.