1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Oil Conspiracy!!! Well, Anythings Possible, Right?

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by righteousdude2, May 25, 2008.

1. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Can we all say: Oil conspiracy?

Here is my theory as to why oil prices are growing by the minute. And before I share my thought, let me say that I don't doubt that oil is at a premium in most countries around this world. Still, I believe that the present administration wants to drill in Alaska and off our nations shores, and that the rapid price increase has a lot to do with our leaders attempt to get Americans to capitulate and give permission to tap those oil wells off shore and in the Alaskan wilderness.

Unless I am in serious error, there is more than enough oil in the Alaskan Wilderness and off shore to allow our country to be free of Arab oil. This presently untapped oil could lower the price at the pump and end our dependence on OPEC.

Now, I could be way out in left field without a glove to catch the ball, but, I honestly believe this Nations leadership is holding us hostage until the general populace of Americans grow so desperate :thumbs: that they tell Washington to go drill in that pristine wilderness of Alaska and to build unsightly oil rigs off our shores in California.

So, there you have it. That is my idea of why oil is costing us precious dollars. What say you my brothers and sisters?

Shalom,

Pastor Paul :type:

2. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I doubt we can get free of all OPEC oil as long as oil is used to make our chief transportation fuel. Not all OPEC members are Arab countries, such as Venezuela and Nigeria, for example.

Also, the price for oil is set on the NYMEX. If you can prove that the Bush administration is manipulating the price on the NYMEX, then you would have a valid point.

3. hillclimber1

hillclimber1 Active Member
    Site Supporter

The price is fixed in trading every day. OPEC can and probably does and maybe is using their spigots to control supply, but right now we have a pretty good oversupply do to conservation over high prices. What I can't understand is why the futures market continues to drive the price upward while the supply continues to out pace demand.

4. hillclimber1

hillclimber1 Active Member
    Site Supporter

I suppose some will say it's the dollar losing value, and it is a factor, but not this much.

5. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist