1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ok, check this Christian Rap Video and tell me what you think??????

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by TaliOrlando, Apr 17, 2008.

1. TaliOrlando

TaliOrlando New Member

Hispanic Christian Hip Hop Video? Toughts? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RRBfWWKSfUw

American Christian Rock Concert? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lUPrBEAQld4

Holy Hip Hop Night 2007

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jN23vqOjTjo&feature=related

Please take 5 minutes of your time to at least brief through these, to be honest the first one I honestly see no difference to the world, honestly check the first one out.. Then the second one a Rock concert that I also found a little disturbing and the last one wasnt that bad, just kids dancing. Please give me your thoughts, I may be imature in this matter but the first two videos, really disturbed me because I cant picture that as representing Christ. I think these are perfect examples of feeding the flesh with using praising God as an excuse. Thoughts?

2. D28guy

D28guy New Member

Well...I didnt make it past about 20 seconds with any of them.

All of it...to my ears...was unlistenable trash. A complete mockery of the term "music"

And by the way, I have a very broad musical range. I listen to secular music as well as christian music. I even listen to some secular music that has lyrics I certainly dont like, but I am listening to the guitar work, the keyboards, the percussion, etc. I just dont always pay attention to the lyrics.

I say that to make clear that I am not in any way one of these EXTREME fundamentalist legalists who condemn anything that isnt like Pat Boone or the old hymns.

But that stuff you posted I cant allow into my ears. Its not the lyrics...its the repulsive SOUND of it. Just horrible.

If you like it...I'm sorry! You asked for opinions. :thumbs:

Mike

3. TaliOrlando

TaliOrlando New Member

I couldnt stand it either, but these are artist that are selling big time in Christian Communities.

4. North Carolina Tentmaker

Who are the artists and what are the song titles?

My filter will not allow YouTube so I can't watch the videos but if you want my opinion I will check out the artists.

5. TaliOrlando

TaliOrlando New Member

I can tell you when I get home, I cant watch youtube.com at work.. lol.. but will check it out and tell you

6. trustitl

trustitl New Member

I find it hard to imagine that the Holy Spirit of the Living God was leading these young men to produce this in the name of Jesus Christ.

They may have meant it to be in His service, but our intentions do not always determine if something is edifying to the body of Christ.

This is a call to pray for the young people who are seeking for something more than the world has to offer. May we, the people of God, shine our lights into the darkness of this world and the be used to spread the glorious gospel of Jesus to a deceived generation.

Paul used the foolishness of preaching so that the message would be the focus. May we have the same faith in the power of the Word of God.

May any young people who read this hear Paul's instructions to Timothy:
    "Don't let anyone look down on you for being young. Instead, make your speech, behavior, love, faith, and purity an example for other believers."

7. D28guy

D28guy New Member

Tali,

Whew. That stuns the mind.

Mike