1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Okay, I'm on Twitter

Discussion in 'Other Discussions' started by Gina B, Jun 20, 2012.

1. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

I did it.

I still don't get what the big deal is.

I thought "cool, people can follow me. It's like playing follow the leader and I get to be the leader, right?"

Maybe nobody follows me because my name is scary. @glock_e

Yes. Glock. I found it amusing when I was given this name as a short one on an account from an employer. My first name is Gina. My last name is Locke. EVERYONE leaves off the "e" on Locke, because the majority of humans can't conceive of it not being pronounced "Lockey" if there's an e at the end.

I don't argue with that, who cares. And they use everyone's first initial and last name as the account name.

So sure. I'm a pistol. A very nice one though. I have the safety on, I don't go off. Much. When I do, the bullets are made of fluffy stuff anyhow.

Do not fear me.

I am perfectly safe.

(mwah ha ha ha ha ha!)

2. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I joined Twitter back in 2009. It's vastly overrated. It's kind of like a club for wannabe celebrities--"How many followers do you have? I'm almost up to 1,000."

There are some news and sports columnists I follow mostly to get the scoop before it hits the web the next day or else the papers in two days. Otherwise I find it basically useless.

"Going into Scarpelli's for lasagna then I'm off to see Avengers."

"Saw a guy at Albertson's that looked like Tom Cruise, but when I approached him he had a giant mole on his forehead."

"Go here to learn about acia berries, Slim-Master, home-based business, etc."