1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Old Earth vs. New Earth Creationism

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by evangelist6589, Jun 16, 2012.

1. evangelist6589

evangelist6589 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well ladies and gentleman I'm sure many would agree that Bible Prophecy is the most complex of all fields of theology. I admit I do not have all the answers. Perhaps what the Lord wants us to learn is more the applications of the Olivet Discourse rather than the particulars. This is at least what Jeremiah's book Until Christ Returns seems to be addressing. Its not an exegetical look at the Olivet Discourse, but homiletical/application oriented. Therefore it may be wasting time to debate endlessly over the academic particulars of prophecy. And so I have moved on from that subject.

Anyways I was reading one of my books and the author made a point that we do not know when God created the earth so in his view the earth could be far older than what we would expect. However on the other side I have read articles by geologists whom are scientists and claim that the earth is not millions of years old, but probably less than 10,000 years old. Since the author I am reading is no geologist I am more keen to take the interpretation on the age of the earth by Christian geologists. What do you say? Would you listen to William Dembski and his book The End of Christianity, over that of a Christian geologist like Dr. Andrew Snelling?

John

#1 evangelist6589, Jun 16, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 16, 2012