1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Old Eber’s thread ...

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Gerhard Ebersoehn, Jul 14, 2012.

1. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Gerhard Ebersoehn Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Old Eber’s thread and only theme on one string in any key ….

O, that I may know Him, God’s Son, and the Power of his Resurrection by the Glory of the Father who in the exceeding greatness of His Power according to the Spirit of Holiness, of the Seed of David was made The Son of God, and by Resurrection of The Dead, declared: Jesus Christ our Lord!

2. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    last year this time I thought I was gonna die. But by God's grace, here I am and have nothing else to say, than O, that I may know Him, God’s Son, and the Power of his Resurrection by the Glory of the Father who in the exceeding greatness of His Power according to the Spirit of Holiness, of the Seed of David was made The Son of God, and by Resurrection of The Dead, declared: Jesus Christ our Lord!

... "IN THE SABBATH fullness of daylight inclining ..." as my own life has begun to dawn towards "the last day" He shall appear in glory and the dead --- like me --- SHALL BE RAISED from the dead, from death, and from the grave when suddenly there shall be great earthquake and the Son of Man with the clouds of heaven shall descend and execute righteousness and judgment. Come Lord Jesus, come, quickly!

3. The Biblicist

The Biblicist Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

I am glad the Lord spared you to live another day. I only wished he would reveal unto you that the Old Covenant and Old Creation Sabbath is not the Sabbath of the New Covenant or its New Creation. The old Covenant Sabbath is fulfilled with the Millennium and ends with the destruction of this old earth but the new covenant Sabbath is the Eight day or eternal day (Rev. 21) with a new earth and a new creation.

4. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    GE:

I have just this Sabbath Day read a little of Tyndale's life and sufferings for Christ. What have I done for Christ? In my comfort and good life, absolutely nothing! How do I come short in all Christian virtue and merit! How dead am I in indeed no works of righteousness at all!

How did Tyndale in his utter poverty spent two of his days in every week in service to the poor and sick, and while keeping up undiminished his work of translating the Scriptures and writing other books, still found it possible to reserve ‘Saturdays’ for discussions on Scriptural ‘issues’ with others?!

I am more than enough guilty and undeserving before our great God and loving Saviour that I should claim this “new covenant Sabbath … Eight day … eternal day with a new earth and a new creation” of your fancies.

“Do not you let any man beguile you with enticing words of humility and angelic …” – non-earthly, non- “day the Seventh Day Sabbath OF THE LORD GOD” – “… worship in things NOT SEEN”. It is not seen in practical Christian life and it is not seen in the Scriptures, but it is the “traditions and commandments of men”.

5. The Biblicist

The Biblicist Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Gerhard, William Tyndale did not observe a Saturday Sabbath but made it clear he observed Sunday as the Lord's day.

I have read Tyndale's one statement upon this matter and you must force words in his mouth he never uttered.

6. billwald

billwald New Member

You are pleased for living another year in this evil age and that you didn't go to be with Jesus? You one of those Christians who preach the wonders of Heaven but fight like Hell to keep from going there?

7. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    GE:

Exactly; strange, hey? but true! I shall be able to say when it is with last breath, I have fought the Good Fight; not before. And that last breath God only knows.

I don't think it is Christian faith to commit suicide.

What opportunity for thanksgiving and thankfulness would I have missed, had I gone.

Had I gone by my own will and desire, you think God would have welcomed my visit?

And so by the way, old billy boy, you should know after all these years on BB what my views about ‘heavenly’ things is …

#7 Gerhard Ebersoehn, Jul 15, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 15, 2012
  8. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    GE:

Thanks for the reply.

Now I did not say Tyndale "observe(d) a Saturday Sabbath"; did I? So just how, did I "force words in his mouth he never uttered"?

I'm a simple man; maybe I have done so not realising; so please show me?

Then be so kind please to give me "Tyndale's one statement upon this matter" because it seems I do not know about it. I would appreciate it very much.

... awaiting your answer eagerly ...