1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Old folks who think they love old things

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Luke2427, Mar 11, 2013.

1. prophet

prophet Active Member
    Site Supporter

Really? When did I do that?

I have relayed some things from memory, in the form of a question, that were not anything I had ever read. And I will admit when I dont have the facts right.

I challenge you to demonstrate where I read a post, and obviously couldnt comprehend what I read.

You should reserve the right to be wrong at times, as well. You are very wrong in some of your doctrine, yet you will go to your grave degrading others for pointing it out.

Congratulations on reaching your plateau, too bad you couldnt have kept going.

2. Luke2427

Luke2427 Active Member

You've shown nothing. You've provided no data that tells us how many fundamentalists get this diploma that government statistics bureaus know nothing about.

3. John of Japan

John of Japan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    In retrospect, this view is pretty much mine, too. But at the time, it was all pretty emotional what with the family connection. I remember sinking down in my seat when BJ talked about my family in chapel. :(

4. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

I have shown you statistics in one of these threads. But it is obvious they won't be government statistics. All of my children were educated somewhat differently. One of them spent his last two years in a private Christian school by accredited. He received a government diploma. Another graduated from an unaccredited Christian school but challenged the government diploma. Both received it. Another graduated from an unaccredited Christian home school without receiving a government diploma, but only the diploma of the High School. The government would have no record of this. The other two were completely home-schooled. One was home-schooled but was supervised by an accredited school. She was accepted into Northlands University. The other was completely home-schooled by us and we made up a diploma for him upon his graduation from our home school. He was accepted into BJU.

This is a snapshot of many families. Not all families have children that receive government diplomas. Half of my children didn't. Both of us are college graduates and have the advantage that most other parents don't--the means and ability to take our children all the way through. Many live in areas where the Christian school is under the auspices of the local church and don't want it to be accredited.

If you are so ignorant about the home-schooling movement among the Fundamentalists then you have your homework cut out for you.

Now that survey was done in 2009. The movement has only increased since then, especially among fundamentalists.

You can chew on that for awhile.