1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

old zion churches in wasingnton state

Discussion in 'Baptist History' started by elder_jeffery_endicott, Oct 16, 2013.

1. elder_jeffery_endicott

I was wondering if anybody on here knows what happened to the 2 Old Zion Association of united Baptists churches that were once located in Washington state. The churches were New Aukum which disappeared from the minutes in the 1930s, and Rainy Valley which stayed on the roster till about 1950. I speculate that New Aukum closed then because it's last membership was 11. Rainy Valley still had 33 members when it was last mentioned.

2. Squire Robertsson

Squire Robertsson Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    In what part of Washington State were they located?

3. elder_jeffery_endicott

I am thinking Lewis county but I am not sure

4. Squire Robertsson

Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    that would put them in southeastern Washington. South of Puget Sound and north of Portland, Oregon.

5. Squire Robertsson

Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    From what I know of the area, the congregations probably morphed into IFB churches of the Northern Baptist-FBF-style persuasion. AFAIK, United Baptists have their roots in the South. That area of Washington State didn't see that much migration coming out of the Dust Bowl like Southern and Central California did.